+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: ENGLAND 1 - 0 CROATIA.

Re: FT: ENGLAND 1 - 0 CROATIA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A poor Croatia team who reached a World Cup final three years ago and who topped their Euro 2020 qualifying group. England weren't brilliant but they won comfortably. From their perspective, it's a highly satisfactory start
    The World Cup was three years ago, qualifiers were in 2019. Their best players are in their mid thirties and they’re without Rakitic and played two inexperienced defenders. I think England have the players to beat that team more comfortably, and I think we should be asking why England aren’t more ruthless. It is the first game so maybe they’ll grow into it but I just feel Southgate doesn’t give them the best chance.

I dont think Kane was at his best today.

2 of the big calls were the selections of Philips and Sterling. I think Philips was man of the match while Sterling was the official man of the match.

Trippier given the left back position was a strange one.

Re: ENGLAND v CROATIA. Sun June 13th, ko 2pm

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Well let’s hope he does f u c k it up
    Don't be a dick.

A very tight game.

Stat.jpg

Seem like a likeable bunch of lads, and Southgate's clearly a decent man.

Hope they start to believe then get knocked out immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Don't be a dick.

Stat.jpg
    Why is it being a dick wanting England to lose?

I suspect you want Swansea or Bristol City to lose when they play.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A poor Croatia team who reached a World Cup final three years ago and who topped their Euro 2020 qualifying group. England weren't brilliant but they won comfortably. From their perspective, it's a highly satisfactory start
    The Croatia team Wales faced in qualifying looked like a side in decline to me and their other results in the group tended to confirm that - they're not a poor side by any means, but, to use a media cliché, they are a team in transition. England got the job done and looked very impressive for twenty minutes or so, but I can't help thinking that the better teams will be looking at that back four and keeper and think we can definitely get at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Why is it being a dick wanting England to lose?

I suspect you want Swansea or Bristol City to lose when they play.
    I don't personally care either way about the fortunes of any team other than City (unless of course it benefits us for them to win/lose/draw).

The anti-English stuff is tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Croatia team Wales faced in qualifying looked like a side in decline to me and their other results in the group tended to confirm that - they're not a poor side by any means, but, to use a media cliché, they are a team in transition. England got the job done and looked very impressive for twenty minutes or so, but I can't help thinking that the better teams will be looking at that back four and keeper and think we can definitely get at them.
    Agreed. I thought Croatia looked extremely average.