+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UEFA- It has to be said

Re: UEFA- It has to be said

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's a really shit analogy, most people's father's where I grew up collapsed in front of their kids in the local boozer, it was standard.
    My dad died when I was 13 thankfully not in front of me, dreadful moment in anyways life however it happens in a boozer , at home or in any other moment , greatly effected me and my mam

The whole tragic incident had a big emotional impact on me. There have, in my opinion, been some, at best insensitive and at worst totally unnecessary, words and pictures posted by both the mainstream and social media (including here).

Personally, I’m just glad Christian Eriksen got to see and talk to his family again.

Bill Shankley was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Travelling at 200 miles per hour on standard roads on an island in the middle of the Irish sea is not comparable with professional football. I think the TT is more dangerous than the death zone on Everest.
    The way Chelsea & Man City were collapsing and screaming every 5 minutes in the CL Final, you wouldn't think so, but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The way Chelsea & Man City were collapsing and screaming every 5 minutes in the CL Final, you wouldn't think so, but that's another story.
    Yeah, I don't like that shit, trying to get players sent off etc, although I'm all for going down in the box if a defender gets himself into a shit position or the wrong side. The onus is on the defender in those positions, not the attacker who buys a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There's no way UEFA would allow the final round of group games to be played separately. Don't think Belgium or Russia would be happy with that. Imagine a similar incident happened during Italy Vs Turkey and it transpired that, in their game in hand, a draw (or another result) would qualify both countries and knock Wales out. We'd be up in arms.
    If that happened to an Italy player and his teammates had their heads in the shed, I'd like to think I'd sympathetic enough not to ge up in arms. I think that is kind of the point here. .... right ? It kind of goes beyond ambition and designs on glory.

Lets face it there was no easy solution.

Luckily Erikson goes home to his family.

Former goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel claims Denmark’s players did not want to restart their Euro 2020 game against Finland after Christian Eriksen’s cardiac arrest.

Schmeichel, father of Leicester and Denmark goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, told ITV’s Good Morning Britain that he did not think the players had a choice.

When asked if it was the players’ decision for the game to be restarted after Eriksen had been taken to hospital, Schmeichel said: “Well that’s an interesting debate.

“I actually saw an official quote from Uefa yesterday saying that they were following the advice of the player, the players insisted on playing – I know that not to be the truth. Or, it’s how you see the truth. They were left with three options, one was to play immediately and get the last 50 minutes played.

“The next one was to come in yesterday at 12 noon and finish the 50 minutes and the third option was to forfeit the game, 3-0. So work it out for yourself. Is it the players’ wish to play? Did they have any choice really? I don’t think they had.

“As you can hear from yesterday’s press conference, the coach, he seriously regrets putting the players back on to the pitch.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1865302.html

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Former goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel claims Denmark’s players did not want to restart their Euro 2020 game against Finland after Christian Eriksen’s cardiac arrest.

Schmeichel, father of Leicester and Denmark goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, told ITV’s Good Morning Britain that he did not think the players had a choice.

When asked if it was the players’ decision for the game to be restarted after Eriksen had been taken to hospital, Schmeichel said: “Well that’s an interesting debate.

“I actually saw an official quote from Uefa yesterday saying that they were following the advice of the player, the players insisted on playing – I know that not to be the truth. Or, it’s how you see the truth. They were left with three options, one was to play immediately and get the last 50 minutes played.

“The next one was to come in yesterday at 12 noon and finish the 50 minutes and the third option was to forfeit the game, 3-0. So work it out for yourself. Is it the players’ wish to play? Did they have any choice really? I don’t think they had.

“As you can hear from yesterday’s press conference, the coach, he seriously regrets putting the players back on to the pitch.”

who really thinks the players would be in the right frame of mind to play, we all saw players clearly distraught

The obvious solution would have been to write the game off as a 0-0 draw. There was no way the Danish players would have been in the right frame of mind to come back on. Idiotic from UEFA an organisation that decided on a tournament across Europe to give smaller cities the chance of hosting which ended up meaning England, Italy etc having home games and Wales travelling to bloody Baku and Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

That will do for me

The message board know all will scurry off

For a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The obvious solution would have been to write the game off as a 0-0 draw. There was no way the Danish players would have been in the right frame of mind to come back on. Idiotic from UEFA an organisation that decided on a tournament across Europe to give smaller cities the chance of hosting which ended up meaning England, Italy etc having home games and Wales travelling to bloody Baku and Rome.
    aye , bunch of clowns

What about the Swiss? Baku, Rome then back to Baku, we’ve had the better deal of the the three outsiders in the group travel wise. I know the Turks are more or less home now but opening in Rome meant they drew the short straw in the sequence of fixtures, if they’d have had our order of play they’d quite likely be going to Rome with six points given the ‘home’ advantage. Baku was a ridiculous choice of venue and the envelope they passed to Platini must have been as thick as a docker’s wallet.

UEFA clowns
    FIFA clowns
    PREMIER LEAGUE idiots
    FA spineless idiots

Abandoned as a 0-0 draw with both teams taking a point.
    No, I don't think they could have done that.

Imagine a small team goes into the last round of fixtures needing a draw to progress against a much better team, then one of their players drops to the ground clutching their chest. Probably wouldn't happen, but you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No, I don't think they could have done that.

Imagine a small team goes into the last round of fixtures needing a draw to progress against a much better team, then one of their players drops to the ground clutching their chest. Probably wouldn't happen, but you never know
    The medics would soon suss him out