+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UEFA- It has to be said

UEFA- It has to be said

Money grabbing bar stewards, with corruption at the Heart.

Denmark forced to either play last night or play today at noon. The So-Called big Countries playing their games at home. Why friggin’ bother having a tournament, just have Germany, France,England and Spain and b ugger the rest.

Re: UEFA- It has to be said

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Denmark forced to either play last night or play today at noon.
    What options would you have offered?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Certainly not those, I would have left any decision until the following day at least.

Certainly not those, I would have left any decision until the following day at least.
    So no suggestions

So what would you have done? The same as UEFA? I certainly wouldn’t have pressured the players in any way. I would have left until Monday then found a suitable date to finish the fixture.

I would have left until Monday then found a suitable date to finish the fixture.
    Such as when?

Moving a fixture more than 24 has implications for rest the tournament. Cant see what else they could have done.

I expect all concerned wanted to get it out of the way and the crowd were still there. An horrendous thing to witness but no doubt as they heard news of his progress, it may have been a relief to get back out there who knows?

Such as when?
    Next F uck ing Christmas. I don’t run UEFA,
    . Don’t be such a ****ing arsehole.

I am sure something could have been arranged , even if was a 10 pm kick under lights or 12 am midday Denmark and Finland are not playing every day ,today for example has very few games.

Abandoned as a 0-0 draw with both teams taking a point.

So, in a nutshell, you're criticising UEFA for offering Denmark two options to get the game finished in unique and extremely difficult circumstances, but you don't actually have any alternative suggestions. And I'm the arsehole?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I am sure something could have been arranged , even if was a 10 pm kick under lights or 12 am midday Denmark and Finland are not playing every day ,today for example has very few games.
    They were offered the chance to play it today.

So, in a nutshell, you're criticising UEFA for offering Denmark two options to get the game finished in unique and extremely difficult circumstances, but you don't actually have any alternative suggestions. And I'm the arsehole?
    The point is, which you clearly miss, is that it was distasteful in the extreme to force the teams to make a decision within an hour or so of the incident. Waiting til today and discussing the options would have been a better idea.

No way should those players who witnessed that traumatic incident have been made to play that game so quickly . Utter disgrace .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No way should those players who witnessed that traumatic incident have been made to play that game so quickly . Utter disgrace .
    They weren't. They chose to once they knew Ericson was awake and talking in hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    They weren't. They chose to once they knew Ericson was awake and talking in hospital.
    They didn't really have much of a choice , Russian Roulette springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    The point is, which you clearly miss, is that it was distasteful in the extreme to force the teams to make a decision within an hour or so of the incident. Waiting til today and discussing the options would have been a better idea.
    its like saying here is a car but its got no brakes

They were offered the chance to play it today.
    hardly time to get over the trauma of one of their team mates nearly dying in front of them

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    I'm not missing anything at all. I was merely questioning what somebody who is criticising UEFA over their handling of this incident would have done if he was in their place.

He apparently believes Monday would have been a suitable day to make a decision. You reckon today would have been better. So when could the game itself have been played, I wonder?

I don't know about you, but I've got a suspicion that rescheduling a game of this nature at very short notice may not be altogether straightforward given the circumstances in the world at present.

I'm not missing anything at all. I was merely questioning what somebody who is criticising UEFA over their handling of this incident would have done if he was in their place.

He apparently believes Monday would have been a suitable day to make a decision. You reckon today would have been better. So when could the game itself have been played, I wonder?

I don't know about you, but I've got a suspicion that rescheduling a game of this nature at very short notice may not be altogether straightforward given the circumstances in the world at present.
    Well they managed to have a meaningless summit in Cornwall where they all agreed to be nicer to the planet so anythings possible I suppose

I didn’t see the incident last night so can’t comment on the specifics but I am surprised at the reaction.

I’ve been involved in motorcycle racing for 60 years, in that time 201 riders have been killed on the Isle of Man, 22 of whom have been friends or very close friends. If I add in other UK & Irish tracks the number probably reaches 30 friends. I’ve seen horrendous & fatal accidents.

15 or 30 minutes later everyone is back racing.

I guess people are going to say it’s a shite comparison but for me it is the measure by which I can’t understand the fuss about this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I didn’t see the incident last night so can’t comment on the specifics but I am surprised at the reaction.

I’ve been involved in motorcycle racing for 60 years, in that time 201 riders have been killed on the Isle of Man, 22 of whom have been friends or very close friends. If I add in other UK & Irish tracks the number probably reaches 30 friends. I’ve seen horrendous & fatal accidents.

I guess people are going to say it’s a shite comparison but for me it is the measure by which I can’t understand the fuss about this incident.
    Weird take

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

probably time to give up motorcycling to be fair

Going road racing and playing a football match are hardly comparible