+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: UEFA- It has to be said

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: UEFA- It has to be said

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Last group game is on the 21st with the last sixteen game on either the 26th or 27th. Could’ve played it on the 23rd or 24th. Would obviously cause some disruption to travel arrangements but st. Petersburg isn’t that far from Copenhagen. 16s are in Amsterdam or 27th in Seville. 30 minutes from Copenhagen to Amsterdam... an hour and a half and a day extra if in Seville.

Probably doable if uefa could’ve been ****ed to make an effort.
    There's no way UEFA would allow the final round of group games to be played separately. Don't think Belgium or Russia would be happy with that. Imagine a similar incident happened during Italy Vs Turkey and it transpired that, in their game in hand, a draw (or another result) would qualify both countries and knock Wales out. We'd be up in arms.

Re: UEFA- It has to be said

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There's no way UEFA would allow the final round of group games to be played separately. Don't think Belgium or Russia would be happy with that. Imagine a similar incident happened during Italy Vs Turkey and it transpired that, in their game in hand, a draw (or another result) would qualify both countries and knock Wales out. We'd be up in arms.
    If that happened to an Italy player and his teammates had their heads in the shed, I'd like to think I'd sympathetic enough not to ge up in arms. I think that is kind of the point here. .... right ? It kind of goes beyond ambition and designs on glory.