+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: SCOTLAND 0 - 2 CZECH REPUBLIC.

FT: SCOTLAND 0 - 2 CZECH REPUBLIC.

Match stats

• Scotland have won each of their past three matches against the Czech Republic, their longest current winning run against any of the other 23 nations qualified for Euro 2020. It's the first meeting between both sides at a major tournament.
    • This will be Scotland's 11th appearance at major tournament (World Cup and Euros), including their first Euro participation since 1996. They have never progressed past the group stages in any of their previous 10.
    • The Czech Republic are taking part in their 10th European Championship (Czechoslovakia included), including their seventh in a row - an uninterrupted streak since 1996; only Germany (13) and France (8) are currently on longer such runs.
    • Czechoslovakia lifted the European Championship trophy in 1976, the only occasion a Euro final has been decided on penalties (2-2 a.e.t. vs West Germany, 5-3 pens). As the Czech Republic, they were also involved in the first Euro final to be decided by a golden goal (1-2 vs Germany, Euro 1996).
    • Scotland have picked up just one victory in each of their two previous appearances in the European Championships, with both wins coming in their final group stage match (3-0 vs CIS in 1992, 1-0 vs Switzerland in 1996).

Re: SCOTLAND v CZECH REPUBLIC. Mon 14th June ko 2pm

Tierney injured apparently, he’ll be a big miss for Scotland.

Great to see Marshall in goal, we chanted he was number one for long enough.

I wouldn't complain if David Marshall's attire was Cardiff 's away kit at some point.

Good start from Scotland, much more on the front foot than we were and creating chances.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Good start from Scotland, much more on the front foot than we were and creating chances.
    Jinxed it, 0-1 Czechs

What a goal by the guy who got sent off against us 0-2.

Hell of a goal that but why do keepers move so far from their line?

Decent finish that

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Hell of a goal that but why do keepers move so far from their line?
    I’d blame the guy who gave the ball away so cheaply rather than Marshall or any goalkeeper beaten like that, especially in these days of “sweeper keepers”.

Anyone else think this score-line is slightly harsh on the Scots? Brilliantly taken second goal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Anyone else think this score-line is slightly harsh on the Scots? Brilliantly taken second goal though.
    Not really. The ball was regularly flashing across their box in that first half. They have a decent central midfield though whereas ours play for Stoke and Luton although saying Luton is stretching it as he never gets a game

Yes, I think they can still get something from the game - they’re certainly not two goals worse than the Czechs, in fact I’d say they should be drawing.

Good result this. The cheats are not going to get a point in the group and are going to make themselves look silly again. Hoppe England smash them.

Was Dykes booked? He did far more damage to the defender than Moore.

The lack of options up front is a real problem for Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Was Dykes booked? He did far more damage to the defender than Moore.
    Answering my own question no he wasn't. So Dykes drew blood but that was seen as less reckless than the Moore challenge. Wales penalised again

Fantastic header it has to be said.
    Almost as good as Kieffer's.

Edit: The second was even better! Inch perfect

Marshall been the busier of the two keepers.

Oh dear how sad never mind.

Scotland lose despite all of the advantages they had that we didn’t, yet we found a way to draw against a side ranked above us in sweltering heat three thousand miles away. I thought the Czechs played better against us in March than they did today and yet we beat them - I’d love to have McTominay and McGinn in our midfield, but we’re not a bad side these days whatever happens in the next two matches.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d blame the guy who gave the ball away so cheaply rather than Marshall or any goalkeeper beaten like that, especially in these days of “sweeper keepers”.
    I don't disagree he was at fault Bob but Marshall's practically on the half way line

dm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Scotland lose despite all of the advantages they had that we didn’t, yet we found a way to draw against a side ranked above us in sweltering heat three thousand miles away. I thought the Czechs played better against us in March than they did today and yet we beat them - I’d love to have McTominay and McGinn in our midfield, but we’re not a bad side these days whatever happens in the next two matches.
    As well as them id love Gilmour in our side and he was on the bench.

Excellent. **** off Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Excellent. **** off Scotland.