+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: SCOTLAND 0 - 2 CZECH REPUBLIC.

First Team

Re: SCOTLAND v CZECH REPUBLIC. Mon 14th June ko 2pm

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Excellent. **** off Scotland.
    With you on this one.
    They are the only international side I just don’t like .

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    With you on this one.
    They are the only international side I just don’t like .
    For me it's the way their fans come bowling along into any city that has the misfortune to host them.
    They can't just be a part of the occasion - no, they have to feel THEY are the occasion,

I listened to Gordon Brown bemoaning Gary McAllister’s missed penalty a few minutes before Gasgoine’s great goal in 1996 today - if there’s one country in the world that has no right to whinge about penalties, it’s Scotland. Leaving aside Anfield in 1977 and Ninian Park in 1985, Scotland are only in these Finals because they came through two penalty shoot outs.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d blame the guy who gave the ball away so cheaply rather than Marshall or any goalkeeper beaten like that, especially in these days of “sweeper keepers”.
    David Marshall is 36 though and I can't remember him being that good with his feet when he was much younger
    But if he's been told to push up despite this then it's the manager rather than the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    For me it's the way their fans come bowling along into any city that has the misfortune to host them.
    They can't just be a part of the occasion - no, they have to feel THEY are the occasion,

Yes, comfortably on a par with both Ireland sides, yet when they finally qualify for a tournament via the play off’s and even then via penalties, the media along with their fans are bugging them up as though they may reach the final.
    A poor side with a very lucky qualification still makes them a poor team.
    No real media mention of Wales yet we are a much higher ranked side with a much higher record of success in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't disagree he was at fault Bob but Marshall's practically on the half way line

Attachment 4448
    I'm sure people on here used to complain he wasn't good at coming off his line

Andy Robertson interviewed after the game said Marshall was in the right position because he was covering for a ball “knocked in behind”.

Andy Robertson interviewed after the game said Marshall was in the right position because he was covering for a ball “knocked in behind”.
    By the sounds of it, it's Steve Clarke's fault for thinking Marshall is capable of playing as a sweeper keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Yes, comfortably on a par with both Ireland sides, yet when they finally qualify for a tournament via the play off’s and even then via penalties, the media along with their fans are bugging them up as though they may reach the final.
    A poor side with a very lucky qualification still makes them a poor team.
    No real media mention of Wales yet we are a much higher ranked side with a much higher record of success in the last decade.
    How is what Scotland and the two Irish teams fans do when they play in tournaments like this one different to what Welsh fans did in France? They all seem much the same to me as they’re all well behaved and are generally praised by their hosts.

How is what Scotland and the two Irish teams fans do when they play in tournaments like this one different to what Welsh fans did in France? They all seem much the same to me as they’re all well behaved and are generally praised by their hosts.
    Very well put. Exactly what I thought when I read this. RoI and NI fans I came across at euro 2016 were a good laugh.

Should have taken Paterson with them....
    Probably wouldn't have made any difference to the result, mind.

Re: FT: SCOTLAND 0 - 2 CZECH REPUBLIC.

Slavia Prague comfortably beat Scotland’s so called best teams comfortably in European competition last season. Their national team did exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Very well put. Exactly what I thought when I read this. RoI and NI fans I came across at euro 2016 were a good laugh.
    I don’t think any Welsh fan who has travelled to Belfast to watch an international game, would say it was a nice experience on matchday.

Absolute animals, throwback to the 70/80’s

I haven't seen a team appeal for a foul every time they lost the ball as much as Scotland did, most teams appeal for some unlikely decisions but they were appealing for ridiculous stuff.

Robertson is only player that would get in our team easily even though I don't know where the hell he was for the 1st goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    I haven't seen a team appeal for a foul every time they lost the ball as much as Scotland did, most teams appeal for some unlikely decisions but they were appealing for ridiculous stuff.

Robertson is only player that would get in our team easily even though I don't know where the hell he was for the 1st goal.
    They have a few players who would easily get in our team.

Tierney, McGinn, McTominay, Che Adams probably billy Gilmour too although I've not seen a lot of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Tierney, McGinn, McTominay, Che Adams probably billy Gilmour too although I've not seen a lot of him.
    I'm finding it increasingly difficult to make comments like this. Kieffer Moore has scored 1 in 3 at international level but no one outside of Wales is saying they'd get into their national team because all they see is that he plays for Cardiff City and was fourth top scorer in the Championship.

Kelvin Philips plays for mid-table premier league side but might be Europe's most important midfielder after this tournament etc. etc.

Different players fit different international set-ups. I don't think Scotland are out of the competition yet, and will grow stronger from it, because they've got on paper some really exciting players and Croatia don't seem like a happy camp.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'm finding it increasingly difficult to make comments like this. Kieffer Moore has scored 1 in 3 at international level but no one outside of Wales is saying they'd get into their national team because all they see is that he plays for Cardiff City and was fourth top scorer in the Championship.

Kelvin Philips plays for mid-table premier league side but might be Europe's most important midfielder after this tournament etc. etc.

Different players fit different international set-ups. I don't think Scotland are out of the competition yet, and will grow stronger from it, because they've got on paper some really exciting players and Croatia don't seem like a happy camp.
    on the other hand, when we've recently had a Newport county player in the team it is fairly safe to say that the likes of mctominay and mcginn would get in.

That Schick goal reminds me of the Vaulks goal against Brentford, only no one made such a fuss about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Che Adams would get into our squad maybe, I wouldn't take him over Kieffer.

Agree with the others

Im no big fan of the Jocks, but they’d give us a game any day of the week. It would be a 50/50 game all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    As well as them id love Gilmour in our side and he was on the bench.
    There are rumours that Gilmour will be playing against England.
    He’s replacing Marshall in Midfield!