+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: POLAND 1 - 2 SLOVAKIA.

FT: POLAND 1 - 2 SLOVAKIA.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• This is the first meeting between Poland and Slovakia at a major tournament.
    • Only one of the previous eight matches between the countries has ended in a draw. Their last meeting ended in a 2-0 win for Slovakia back in November 2013, courtesy of goals from Juraj Kucka and Robert Mak, the latter's first for the national team.

Poland

• Poland are taking part in their fourth European Championship, also their fourth in a row. 2016 is the only time they have reached the knockout stages.
    • Poland have won only one of their past nine opening games at a major tournament (D4 L4) - against Northern Ireland at Euro 2016.
    • Polish striker Robert Lewandowski has scored only one goal in his past 10 games in major competitions - against Portugal in the Euro 2016 quarter-finals.
    • Poland have not scored more than one goal in their 11 games at the European Championship.

Slovakia

• Slovakia are making their third appearance at a major tournament after featuring at the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2016.
    • They have won just one of their four previous matches at the European Championship, beating Russia 2-1 in 2016.
    • In their previous appearance at the European Championship in 2016, no player was involved in more goals (2 - 1 goal, 1 assist), had more shots (10) or made more successful passes (181) for Slovakia than midfielder Marek Hamsik.

Re: POLAND v SLOVAKIA. Mon 14th June, ko 5pm

Lovely goal for Slovakia even if the defending and goalkeeping wasn’t the best.

Ok just jumping on the why is she commentating if she hasn't got a clue bandwagon but whoever the female commentator is she clearly has no eyes or knowledge as the ball clearly hits the post and hits the keeper before going in. Yet she continuously blames the keeper.

I assume they are watching from a studio

Poland are quite dirty

Pleased for Slovakia. We've had good days out against them recently so nice to see they get a big moment even if their star man is in winter of his career.

Re: FT: POLAND 1 - 2 SLOVAKIA.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Ok just jumping on the why is she commentating if she hasn't got a clue bandwagon but whoever the female commentator is she clearly has no eyes or knowledge as the ball clearly hits the post and hits the keeper before going in. Yet she continuously blames the keeper.

I thought she was incredibly insightful and provided clear explanations for the tactics employed by both sides. The difference between her and Danny Murphy who's co commentating on the Spain game is stark

Re: FT: POLAND 1 - 2 SLOVAKIA.

Have to admit she was much better as the game went on. I don't really listen to a lot of commentary as it's just fluff but she called the first Slovakia goal badly as did the co commentator to be fair. I don't think they are there which can't help

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

That was Emma Hayes - current Chelsea women manager. She speaks well I think, and gives some really good tactical insights. Far better at colour commentary than the people who just point out the obvious stuff you can clearly see for yourself.

In fairness to them both for the first goal if Cardiff had conceded that goal Phillips or Smithies would be getting a lot of the blame on here. Yes it came off the post, but the keeper was beaten at his near post in the first place for it to be able to hit the post