I think this article goes to the heart of the dilemma facing Rob Page tomorrow, especially where it relates to Chris Mepham who strikes me as a player going through something of a crisis of confidence.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...st-Turkey.html

For what it's worth, I'd play a back three of Davies, Rodon and Ampadu (Cabango if Ethan is not considered fit enough) with Roberts and Williams as wing backs with instructions to get forward as much as they could because that gives them the chance to show their best. I'd have Ramsey and Allen in midfield with Bale and James asked to be play a bit more centrally to get closer to Moore.

It's all very well talking about how playing three at the back means that we don't have as many attacking players, but, for all that there was talk about how well James played against the Swiss, he only truly affected the game four or five times, while it was even less for Bale and Ramsey with much of the latter's best work being done helping out in defence.

We couldn't get the ball to our front four often enough and too much of what they did get was of such poor quality that nothing could be made of it. If Ampadu is fit enough to start, then that gives us the option of moving him into midfield if needs be, so there is a degree of flexibility in the selection that was lacking to some extent on Saturday.