+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Matty James ?? Say some news outlets

Matty James ?? Say some news outlets

Cardiff City interested in Matty James

Re: Matty James ?? Say some news outlets

He's out of contract

Supposed to be us, the jacks and the wurzels in for him I believe. You'd think Bristol would have the edge because of Pearson's Leicester connection, but I wouldn't mind him coming here at all because he'd improve our passing I reckon - like James Collins though, he'd be a step away from the club's aim of reducing the average age of the squad.

I think a few old heads serves our younger lads well , having one in defence , midfield and up front makes sense with younger developing players then dove tailing around them.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think a few old heads serves our younger lads well , having one in defence , midfield and up front makes sense with younger developing players then dove tailing around them.
    If that is an argument for signing Matty James how do you think his ‘old head’ will help with 30 year old Marlon Pack, 29 year old Leandro Bacuna or the 27 year olds Joe Ralls and Will Vaulks?

There may be a case for looking at James - but not that one!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We have plenty of old heads.

[QUOTE=jon1959;5198418]If that is an argument for signing Matty James how do you think his ‘old head’ will help with 30 year old Marlon Pack, 29 year old Leandro Bacuna or the 27 year olds Joe Ralls and Will Vaulks?

There may be a case for looking at James - but not that one![/QUOTE

Bacuna , Pack , may leave and I'd argue that James is not just an old head in terms of age , he has played 100 plus for Leicester and has better experience and pedigree (old head skills ) than those you mention .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We have plenty of old heads.
    Better old head version

[QUOTE=life on mars;5198425]
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If that is an argument for signing Matty James how do you think his ‘old head’ will help with 30 year old Marlon Pack, 29 year old Leandro Bacuna or the 27 year olds Joe Ralls and Will Vaulks?

There may be a case for looking at James - but not that one![/QUOTE

Bacuna , Pack , may leave and I'd argue that James is not just an old head in terms of age , he has played 100 plus for Leicester and has better experience and pedigree (old head skills ) than those you mention .
    Bacuna has played twice as many premier league games as James and 30 more games at championship level and an additional 100 games in the Eredivisie, James actually doesn't have as much experience as you might expect.

They say you never win anything with oldies (or over 27's)