+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: new Australian trade deal

new Australian trade deal

https://twitter.com/EmmaKennedy/stat...619433984?s=19

I'm sure they said there would be no lowering of animal welfare standards.

Re: new Australian trade deal

i think the bigger picture here is the green activists wants to stop or reduce the consumption of beef and most red meats/milk to reduce the impact of the environment in the next few years . This is Bill Gates vision and no doubt we will get Greta being carted out to ram it down our throats in the not so distance future

https://www.indiatimes.com/technolog...ge-534548.html

in terms of the trade deal it brings in little GDP over the next 15 years as mentioned in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    i think the bigger picture here is the green activists wants to stop or reduce the consumption of beef and most red meats/milk to reduce the impact of the environment in the next few years . This is Bill Gates vision and no doubt we will get Greta being carted out to ram it down our throats in the not so distance future

https://www.indiatimes.com/technolog...ge-534548.html

in terms of the trade deal it brings in little GDP over the next 15 years as mentioned in the thread
    I should image the UK we will remain self efficient in beef , what advantage would be gained in carting beef half way around the planet its would be both costly and not very environmental friendly .

British Farmers and shops could simply produce the up marker profitable cuts , banner and sell home grown products ,and leave it to folk to decide what to buy ,,that would also assist the welfare issues and green issues .

I'd be shocked if 15 years time the markets is flooded with Aussie beef products , especially if our farmers get smart , and yes your right in 15 years time beef consumption will be greatly reduced , and we will probably be eating much more plant based food anyways , another reason for farmers to change their methods and diversify .

What is exciting is that folk under 35 will be able to travel , work and study in Australia more freely in new trade deal and visa versa

They will need a visa versa?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    They will need a visa versa?
    Thanks oh clever one , love a put down don't you fella , feel good now , you should join the Labour party .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thanks oh clever one , love a put down don't you fella , feel good now , you should join the Labour party .
    It was a lame joke not a put down, but your bizarre over-reaction and knee-jerk deflection is gratifying! Something to rely on in these turbulent times. (Note - that was a put down!)

nice to see someone on the politics site with a sense of humour but please jon no more guardian links just like reading the Sun !

LOM if you read my link again if Bill Gates and his ilk have there way there will be very little Beef / dairy products in 15 years time to eat hence very little or no meat products being shunted around the richer nations of the world

apparently he owns 250,000 acres of land in the USA alone with the idea of producing agricultural foods for the future

synthetic foods here we come !

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It was a lame joke not a put down, but your bizarre over-reaction and knee-jerk deflection is gratifying! Something to rely on in these turbulent times. (Note - that was a put down!)
    Okay sorry

I've had so many insults I'm feeling vulnerable

Think I suffer from a form of Aphasia ( Doctor thinks ) I just cant see the obvious errors sometimes and bloody spell checks don't fecking help me , I do it verbally ie talk utter shite

nice to see someone on the politics site with a sense of humour but please jon no more guardian links just like reading the Sun !

LOM if you read my link again if Bill Gates and his ilk have there way there will be very little Beef / dairy products in 15 years time to eat hence very little or no meat products being shunted around the richer nations of the world

apparently he owns 250,000 acres of land in the USA alone with the idea of producing agricultural foods for the future

synthetic foods here we come !
    There is a farm in Australia as bit as the state of Israel , and they mine coal in a big way , the new world maybe a worry time for Aussies

I should image the UK we will remain self efficient in beef , what advantage would be gained in carting beef half way around the planet its would be both costly and not very environmental friendly .

British Farmers and shops could simply produce the up marker profitable cuts , banner and sell home grown products ,and leave it to folk to decide what to buy ,,that would also assist the welfare issues and green issues .

I'd be shocked if 15 years time the markets is flooded with Aussie beef products , especially if our farmers get smart , and yes your right in 15 years time beef consumption will be greatly reduced , and we will probably be eating much more plant based food anyways , another reason for farmers to change their methods and diversify .

What is exciting is that folk under 35 will be able to travel , work and study in Australia more freely in new trade deal and visa versa
    I still think it should be a scandal that despite guaranteeing that the food and animal welfare standards would be maintained, the very first thing they do is abandon them all to get a trade deal. Australian beef will be cheaper than UK beef that has to meet higher standards, even including shipping it across the world.

Even if we are "self efficient" if there are savings to be made in things like ready meals etc then they will use the cheapest sources they can find.

It just seems like a pretty poor deal just to say they have a deal in the bag.
    We learned today that food exports to the EU are down by 2bn in the first quarter of 2021, whereas this deal would apparently bring in 500million (1/4 as much) over the next 15 years. I think we've been that desperate to show a potential upside to Brexit that we've agreed to a deal that will give us shit quality food, and even then it barely scrtches the surface of what we have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I still think it should be a scandal that despite guaranteeing that the food and animal welfare standards would be maintained, the very first thing they do is abandon them all to get a trade deal. Australian beef will be cheaper than UK beef that has to meet higher standards, even including shipping it across the world.

Even if we are "self efficient" if there are savings to be made in things like ready meals etc then they will use the cheapest sources they can find.

It just seems like a pretty poor deal just to say they have a deal in the bag.
    We learned today that food exports to the EU are down by 2bn in the first quarter of 2021, whereas this deal would apparently bring in 500million (1/4 as much) over the next 15 years. I think we've been that desperate to show a potential upside to Brexit that we've agreed to a deal that will give us shit quality food, and even then it barely scratches the surface of what we have lost.
    It does smell of that

There is a farm in Australia as bit as the state of Israel , and they mine coal in a big way , the new world maybe a worry time for Aussies
    an interesting observation from over the pound regarding food shortages in the UK right now and interestingly mentions there will be no beef in the UK in 15 years time . think he must be reading my script

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a9wFLxA-E8&t=434s

an interesting observation from over the pound regarding food shortages in the UK right now and interestingly mentions there will be no beef in the UK in 15 years time . think he must be reading my script

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a9wFLxA-E8&t=434s
    Yes folk are looking for anything to talk down any trade deal , we won't be talking about farmers in 15 years time the world will be so different.