+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: RYAN WINTLE - Transfer confirmed

  1. #1

    RYAN WINTLE - Transfer confirmed

    A few stories circulating that Crewe’s Ryan Wintle has agreed terms with us and will sign on a free pending medical and international clearance. Don’t know much about him other than he’s a pretty highly regarded 24 year old defensive midfielder - and he decided to reject a new contract offer from Crewe.

  2. #2

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    A few stories circulating that Crewe’s Ryan Wintle has agreed terms with us and will sign on a free pending medical and international clearance. Don’t know much about him other than he’s a pretty highly regarded 24 year old defensive midfielder - and he decided to reject a new contract offer from Crewe.
    Do English players require 'international clearance'?

  3. #3

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    If you go from an English to a Welsh club and vice versa I believe you do as we belong to different associations ( that is a response to TBG about international clearance, forgot to quote his post)

  4. #4

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    One of the deals Dalman was talking about signing off on about a fortnight ago? It’s daft really because we’ve been two divisions higher than them for getting on for fifteen years, but I like the idea of us signing a midfield player from Crewe.

  5. #5

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    A few stories circulating that Crewe’s Ryan Wintle has agreed terms with us and will sign on a free pending medical and international clearance. Don’t know much about him other than he’s a pretty highly regarded 24 year old defensive midfielder - and he decided to reject a new contract offer from Crewe.
    If true, he should fit in with our pass it sideways or backwards midfield.

  6. #6

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    If true, he should fit in with our pass it sideways or backwards midfield.
    Why ? Have you seen him play ?

  7. #7

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    If you go from an English to a Welsh club and vice versa I believe you do as we belong to different associations ( that is a response to TBG about international clearance, forgot to quote his post)
    Cheers, EB. A quirk of the Home Nations set-up then.

  8. #8

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Cheers, EB. A quirk of the Home Nations set-up then.
    some had hopes that brexit would change that, Damm Boris

  9. #9

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Do English players require 'international clearance'?
    Yes they always have
    Two different FAs involved

  10. #10

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    "Finishing touches" being put on the deal according to this;-

    https://twitter.com/FootballLeagueW/...80874695606275

  11. #11

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "Finishing touches" being put on the deal according to this;-

    https://twitter.com/FootballLeagueW/...80874695606275
    I wonder if we are moving one of the other 4 senior CMs on then - or planning on using them in another position?

  12. #12

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Is he a refurb or being re- painted ( "Finishing touches" ?

  13. #13

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder if we are moving one of the other 4 senior CMs on then - or planning on using them in another position?
    Wintle can play at the back if needed apparently, but maybe we're going to see more of Pack at centreback?

  14. #14

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wintle can play at the back if needed apparently, but maybe we're going to see more of Pack at centreback?
    We'll probably use Bacuna as an attacking midfielder.

  15. #15

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We'll probably use Bacuna as an attacking midfielder.
    His best position

  16. #16

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Josh Sheehan ???

  17. #17

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We'll probably use Bacuna as an attacking midfielder.
    The sad thing is we will.

  18. #18

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Josh Sheehan ???
    ?

    Sheehan went to Bolton on a free.

  19. #19
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,463

  20. #20

    Re: Ryan Wintle a done deal?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wintle can play at the back if needed apparently, but maybe we're going to see more of Pack at centreback?
    Looks like he didn't play there at all last season, but has filled in there a couple of games a season before that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •