+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: TURKEY 0 - 2 WALES.

Re: TURKEY v WALES. Wed June 16th ko 5pm

Very happy to have 4 points from this group with a game to go. I was ready to ask Page just what on earth he was doing with regards to subs (Tyler Roberts would have been my pick to help see the game out) but am so glad we got a second goal.

In a way it's nice that our national characteristics, being a bit short and a bit fiesty, have been brought into the national side but we should be having internal words about one of those at least.

Yma o hyd.

Re: FT: TURKEY 0 - 2 WALES.

Huge win and a lot of big performances tonight. Turkey were useless but that game will put a smile on my face for ages. As good as Russia in 2016.

Hopefully if that has guaranteed qualification then we can get Williams, Amapdu and Brooks some game time on Sunday and play Italy without any fear.

Fair to say I was completely wrong earlier after seeing the lineup. Massive improvements from Allen/Morrel and the two CBs. Still slightly worried about our ability to defend set pieces but onwards we go, genuinely think we can make another deep run in this tournament so proud of the players

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Fair to say I was completely wrong earlier after seeing the lineup. Massive improvements from Allen/Morrel and the two CBs. Still slightly worried about our ability to defend set pieces but onwards we go, genuinely think we can make another deep run in this tournament so proud of the players
    At least you said what you thought before a ball was kicked. Didn't see anyone counter what you said, only after the event, which is a bit weak in my opinion.

With Ramsey on song we are capable of matching up with the best in this tournament. Remember there is a good case for arguing we would have made the final in 2016 if he hadn't been suspended.
    I have no worries about us beating any of the teams we are likely to face in the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    With Ramsey on song we are capable of matching up with the best in this tournament. Remember there is a good case for arguing we would have made the final in 2016 if he hadn't been suspended.
    I have no worries about us beating any of the teams we are likely to face in the next round.
    Germany, France or Portugal are possibilities hmmmm.......I may worry a little bit if that scenario pans out

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    At least you said what you thought before a ball was kicked. Didn't see anyone counter what you said, only after the event, which is a bit weak in my opinion.
    Tbh I haven't read through the thread cause I imagined I got ripped to shreds for it. Thought we had to change after the Switzerland performance but fair play that's why Page gets paid and I don't

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Germany, France or Portugal are possibilities hmmmm.......I may worry a little bit if that scenario pans out
    2nd would see us play one of Finland, Russia or Denmark though

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    2nd would see us play one of Finland, Russia or Denmark though
    Which would be the preferred scenario. Italy are being wasteful here, we need them to score a hatful. If it stays like this and Turkey, which is quite likely, capitulate against the Swiss we’ll need to restrict the Italians otherwise we could be meeting the winners of the group of death. Second place is nowhere near assured yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Tbh I haven't read through the thread cause I imagined I got ripped to shreds for it. Thought we had to change after the Switzerland performance but fair play that's why Page gets paid and I don't
    True, but as fans we're there to voice an opinion. I don't get people gloating after the event

True, but as fans we're there to voice an opinion. I don't get people gloating after the event
    Thought we were excellent going forward with Bale and Ramsey on song we look such a better team.

Everyone played their part today and it should have been more, we do seem to have a bit of a weakness at the back, although the CBs played well I thought I don't think they have enough cover from midfield and I think the fullbacks give a little to much space away. (yes I'm aware one fullback scored)

Beat Italy and we play at Wembley next

Ramsey and Bale were fantastic today.

Levels above everyone else on the pitch.

Nobody is gloating. The time to criticise is after a game though. Not before it 👍

What a performance. Happy for morell he was outstanding. When Bale and Rambo are on song we’re a threat to anyone. That’s as big as Russia in 2016. I think we’ll get better.

I know Roberts scored but I’d have Neco over him all day..

Rambo was outstanding, his runs behind the CB's, his tracking back
    Now onto that tackle in our box, that was a goal saving tackle, timed it perfectly, world class

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Now onto that tackle in our box, that was a goal saving tackle, timed it perfectly, world class

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Amazing performance from the man, especially after the Swiss game where he looked a fair bit short of match fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Beat Italy and we play at Wembley next
    Pity we can't knock England out again...
    yet.

Re: TURKEY v WALES. Wed June 16th ko 5pm

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Anyone else think that Bale bought the penalty by putting his leg out wide to get contact?
    Absolutely. That's just part of the game these days. You drag your foot, make contact and it's a penalty. Not much the refs can do about it.

Intelligent and brave Wales repeat 2016 heroics as last sixteen beckons.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/s...19947925413889

Aaron Ramsey action map. Covered all but three squares of the pitch with one of those being left-back area and another being Wales' keeper's area.

I saw a stat which suggests Wales has above 90% chance of qualifying to knock-outs now but seeing how many other teams have gotten to 3 points it's going to the last round of groups stages.

A draw plus against Italy to do it ourselves would be very nice.

If we end up equal on points and goals to Switzerland places are decided then on i) disciplinary record and then ii) World rankings. Currently Switzerland have one more yellow card than us but are four places higher in rankings.

In a way it would be nice to see Germany, Scotland and Croatia lose this weekend to make it more relaxing final round but Czechia progressing into knock-outs might make our game in Prague more difficult as we try to qualify for World Cup.

Great performance so much more improvement from the Swiss game .

I thought introducing Brooks as well as l Wilson would have been interesting at the death as Turkey look well roasted .