+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Working from Home.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Working from Home.

when i used to do maintenance and fire prevention work in Offices ( a few years in total ) I was a little envious of the office work environment, a real micro-world, a snapshot of life, people from different backgrounds all slung into a melting pot, the laughs, flirting, bullying etc etc I worked at cardiff city hall for 18 months and got invited to Christmas parties ( Yes i went and enjoyed them ) spent some time with some city lads ( who i had seen about, but didnt really know them, i know they used to post on here ) Office looked a decent place to work

I guess if you are a social type of person, you would be itching to get back to the office , i can see how it would have been missed

another issue with WFH must be training people, all them Jnr Office types learn from watching people do what they do, thats not going to happen when you WFH

Re: Working from Home.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    when i used to do maintenance and fire prevention work in Offices ( a few years in total ) I was a little envious of the office work environment, a real micro-world, a snapshot of life, people from different backgrounds all slung into a melting pot, the laughs, flirting, bullying etc etc I worked at cardiff city hall for 18 months and got invited to Christmas parties ( Yes i went and enjoyed them ) spent some time with some city lads ( who i had seen about, but didnt really know them, i know they used to post on here ) Office looked a decent place to work

I guess if you are a social type of person, you would be itching to get back to the office , i can see how it would have been missed

another issue with WFH must be training people, all them Jnr Office types learn from watching people do what they do, thats not going to happen when you WFH
    Seriously? A lot of office work is mundane and, in all honesty, could be automated. You can get kids doing most of the stuff that others do within a day or two. Like you say, socially an office is a great place to be. Unfortunately, that means that for people who show up to do the work and go home, they end up getting put upon while others take the piss. For most teams you have one worker to 3 shirkers.