+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Working from Home.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Working from Home.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    What happened with your job in the end Hartley? Did you tell the owner where to go, or are you still his little lap dog?
    For someone who until lately have barely posted on here you are an offensive little git aren't you?
    Reminds me so much of another poster, or should that be posterS?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    For someone who until lately have barely posted on here you are an offensive little git aren't you?
    Reminds me so much of another poster, or should that be posterS?
    I'm barely posting on here now(!) Just on this one subject where the OP is talking bollocks and pointing out real-world examples of why he is talking bollocks. Funny thing is, you've stopped talking about the subject of the post for some reason.

As for being offensive, this board is full of people who are offended by something. Whether it be the non-creation of new roads, people innovatively working from home or something else. Which, to me, suggests that there are plenty of offensive little gits getting plenty of offended people offended. Are you a snowflake?

International

I'm barely posting on here now(!) Just on this one subject where the OP is talking bollocks and pointing out real-world examples of why he is talking bollocks. Funny thing is, you've stopped talking about the subject of the post for some reason.

As for being offensive, this board is full of people who are offended by something. Whether it be the non-creation of new roads, people innovatively working from home or something else. Which, to me, suggests that there are plenty of offensive little gits getting plenty of offended people offended. Are you a snowflake?
    Snowfake? lol you should know what I am you have trolled enough looking for anything about me. Now go away and come back using one of your other names, and try to keep it in character.

Snowfake? lol you should know what I am you have trolled enough looking for anything about me. Now go away and come back using one of your other names, and try to keep it in character.
    Dear me, you do witter on, this has nothing to do with the subject brought up in the OP.

However, keeping it on subject.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57517669

A 2 year old company, valued at £4bn, employing 500, and not one of them works in an office.

International

Dear me, you do witter on, this has nothing to do with the subject brought up in the OP.

A 2 year old company, valued at £4bn, employing 500, and not one of them works in an office.
    I am keeping it on subject. You're a multi-faced troll

I am keeping it on subject. You're a multi-faced troll
    Just checking.

Thread title: Working from Home
    Your post "You're a multi-faced troll"

Not on subject dear boy. And, sadly, me pointing this out means I am also veering off topic.

You just didn't get it. My original post was simple ; people who are now WFH are more likely to lose their job to someone in another Country than if they were working in the office. Providing there's no language barrier, it makes no difference to the employer - and as your supporting link confirms - is cost beneficial and achieves excellent ROI. What's more, as some have concurred, home is home, and should stay that way. "Meeting" in Cloud etc., isn't "Meeting". No more than you're 'meeting' Gary Lineker when the football's on..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You just didn't get it. My original post was simple ; people who are now WFH are more likely to lose their job to someone in another Country than if they were working in the office. Providing there's no language barrier, it makes no difference to the employer - and as your supporting link confirms - is cost beneficial and achieves excellent ROI. What's more, as some have concurred, home is home, and should stay that way. "Meeting" in Cloud etc., isn't "Meeting". No more than you're 'meeting' Gary Lineker when the football's on..
    Are you retired? If so, when did you retire?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Are you retired? If so, when did you retire?
    "retired ? " That's so 20th Century..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You just didn't get it. My original post was simple ; people who are now WFH are more likely to lose their job to someone in another Country than if they were working in the office.
    I know EXACTLY what you are saying, just because I have pointed out it is a load of nonsense doesn't mean I didn't get it.

My point is that your opinions are baseless. What are they based on other than apparent fear? Today I provided an example of a business that started 2 years ago (pre-pandemic) and is valued at £4bn with 500 employees. 500 jobs created from remote working. You could, I suggest, come up with a counter-example.

You further demonstrate your lack of vision with the comment "Home is home and should stay that way". Why? Why should it stay that way? My mortgage is £1000 a month. If I was working in an office, I would essentially be using it as a place to sleep, eat and watch tele for an hour or two a week. Now that I am working remotely, I am getting much more value from my home. I am getting to spend more time with my kids. I am spending more time with family. I can start work at 5am if I like, or at 5pm if I like. Maybe this is beyond your comprehension because you, maybe, are one of those workers who is put in a box and stays there from 16-65.

I know EXACTLY what you are saying, just because I have pointed out it is a load of nonsense doesn't mean I didn't get it.

My point is that your opinions are baseless. What are they based on other than apparent fear? Today I provided an example of a business that started 2 years ago (pre-pandemic) and is valued at £4bn with 500 employees. 500 jobs created from remote working. You could, I suggest, come up with a counter-example.

You further demonstrate your lack of vision with the comment "Home is home and should stay that way". Why? Why should it stay that way? My mortgage is £1000 a month. If I was working in an office, I would essentially be using it as a place to sleep, eat and watch tele for an hour or two a week. Now that I am working remotely, I am getting much more value from my home. I am getting to spend more time with my kids. I am spending more time with family. I can start work at 5am if I like, or at 5pm if I like. Maybe this is beyond your comprehension because you, maybe, are one of those workers who is put in a box and stays there from 16-65.
    It's your employer who's getting good value - you just posted a link to an example which exemplifies that perfectly !