+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Working from Home.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Working from Home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    particularly liked the bit about not having to listen to peoples boring bullshit.
    You listen to my boring bullshit often enough and by choice too!

Earlier today I thought of another waste of time for people who work in offices. I was walking through the Ty Glas Industrial Estate in Llanishen and witnessed loads of people shuffling out of their offices onto the courtyard. It was a fire drill! Not a waste of time if it saves someone’s life of course, but in truth they’re almost always a waste of time and they can drag on for ages.

I’ve worked in our office throughout the pandemic and wouldn’t want to work at home, doesn’t suit me as an individual, but it’s been blatantly obvious since March 2020 that those who are productive in the office are also productive at home, and vice versa.

The time I'm most productive in the office is when I book myself into a meeting room and work on my own. Just find the open working environment too distracting otherwise to really get my head-down. Possibly because I've worked from home for part of the week for years now.

There are of course other good reasons to go into the office besides work so wouldn't really want to work from home permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Earlier today I thought of another waste of time for people who work in offices. I was walking through the Ty Glas Industrial Estate in Llanishen and witnessed loads of people shuffling out of their offices onto the courtyard. It was a fire drill! Not a waste of time if it saves someone’s life of course, but in truth they’re almost always a waste of time and they can drag on for ages.

I’ve worked in our office throughout the pandemic and wouldn’t want to work at home, doesn’t suit me as an individual, but it’s been blatantly obvious since March 2020 that those who are productive in the office are also productive at home, and vice versa.
    Ah, yes. The fire drill. The smokers light up as soon as they hit the fresh air. A free smoke break. Then, thirty minutes later, back into the office, and everyone is queuing up at the coffee machine. Can waste a good afternoon on a fire break. Always called in nice weather too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Yeah, but at least your 'Bullshit' is interesting, and by the end of it, you've probably offended some blowhard in the office I hate having a set time to work in, My philosophy is get the job done as quickly as possible and then get the **** out of there. I appreciate that can't be the case for everyone. I call it self preservation, especially in a physically demanding job. As soon as i've earned what i wont out of the day, i'm off, or tools are put away.