+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spare a thought for Ryan Giggs

Spare a thought for Ryan Giggs

As a youngster, he had the world at his feet.
    He had a tremendous club career, and is one of the best players to have come from the UK
    He could have also had a decent career at International level, both as a player and manager for Wales. He could have been hero worshipped like Bale and Ramsey.
    He isn’t thought, and why?
    Because he snubbed us as a player, and became an odious little weasel in his private life.
    So i have spared a thought for him, and that thought is, **** him!! We’re better off without him. Good luck Wales for the rest of the Euros.

International

Re: Spare a thought for Ryan Giggs

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    He had a tremendous club career, and is one of the best players to have come from the UK
    He could have also had a decent career at International level, both as a player and manager for Wales. He could have been hero worshipped like Bale and Ramsey.
    Because he snubbed us as a player, and became an odious little weasel in his private life.
    So i have spared a thought for him, and that thought is, **** him!! We’re better off without him. Good luck Wales for the rest of the Euros.
    I corrected that for you. Feck him, besides all his other bad qualities he for Manure!!!!

He could have also had a decent career at International level, both as a player and manager for Wales. He could have been hero worshipped like Bale and Giggs.
    Should have read Bale and Ramsay

He could have also had a decent career at International level, both as a player and manager for Wales. He could have been hero worshipped like Bale and Giggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I corrected that for you. Feck him, besides all his other bad qualities he for Manure!!!!
    👍😂

This post has been reported to the moderators Hello Lynne

In the age of transparency, Ive read the thread and cannot see anything in the slightest wrong with it, infact i think William has been rather kind to Ryan

Oh and I edited the original post to read Rambo

That's pretty unfair mate.

I'm not going to defend his personal life as it does some pretty chaotic and he obviously has many issues, but in a football capacity he get's way too much stick form Welsh people.

64 caps for Wales, more than Chris Coleman for example and many of the Welsh cult hero players. Didn't play friendlies, who cares? I've seen this board clamour for Kieffer Moore not to be played in Wales games to give him a rest, how times have changed. Do we slate Rambo for only playing a handful of Wales games recently?

In games his output for Wales was on par with his performances for Man Utd, so you can't throw the 'he didn't care' stick at him either.

As a manger, he qualified for a major tournament at the first attempt while blooding numerous youngsters and giving the likes of Kieffer Moore, James Lawrence etc their chance at international level.

From my point of view his biggest 'football' crime was playing for Man Utd during a very successful period. Lots of Welsh people support Liverpool or have a very strange hatred of Man Utd in the 90's, and dislike him just for that reason. Pretty pathetic. As a City fan, I couldn't give a toss about who he played for considering that for the majority of that era, we were at the lower end of the football league, Man Utd was not really on my radar.

He has pissed on his chips royally though, and he has wasted a huge opportunity to lead his country on the world stage. I don't think he can continue to be Wales manager and I think he should resign. But don't forget, this is his team, he got us here, you have to give him credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post

I'm not going to defend his personal life as it does some pretty chaotic and he obviously has many issues, but in a football capacity he get's way too much stick form Welsh people.

64 caps for Wales, more than Chris Coleman for example and many of the Welsh cult hero players. Didn't play friendlies, who cares? I've seen this board clamour for Kieffer Moore not to be played in Wales games to give him a rest, how times have changed. Do we slate Rambo for only playing a handful of Wales games recently?

In games his output for Wales was on par with his performances for Man Utd, so you can't throw the 'he didn't care' stick at him either.

As a manger, he qualified for a major tournament at the first attempt while blooding numerous youngsters and giving the likes of Kieffer Moore, James Lawrence etc their chance at international level.

From my point of view his biggest 'football' crime was playing for Man Utd during a very successful period. Lots of Welsh people support Liverpool or have a very strange hatred of Man Utd in the 90's, and dislike him just for that reason. Pretty pathetic. As a City fan, I couldn't give a toss about who he played for considering that for the majority of that era, we were at the lower end of the football league, Man Utd was not really on my radar.

He has pissed on his chips royally though, and he has wasted a huge opportunity to lead his country on the world stage. I don't think he can continue to be Wales manager and I think he should resign. But don't forget, this is his team, he got us here, you have to give him credit for that.
    he only stumbled across Moore by accident.
    he was playing tactics that didn't suit us until KM came on and the rest is history..

I don't think at that level you stumble across players. They had obviously spotted him and picked him out as having potential.

At the same time, he didn't have to call him up or even play him. He saw that we needed something different and changed our style of play. You can't not give him credit for doing his job. So many times we slate managers for sticking to their guns and not changing things.

I don't want to come across as a Giggs apologist, but on a football level I just think he deserves a bit more credit.

I don't think at that level you stumble across players. They had obviously spotted him and picked him out as having potential.

At the same time, he didn't have to call him up or even play him. He saw that we needed something different and changed our style of play. You can't not give him credit for doing his job. So many times we slate managers for sticking to their guns and not changing things.

I don't want to come across as a Giggs apologist, but on a football level I just think he deserves a bit more credit.
    I think you are spot on really.

I agree with everything you say, especially the bit about how people don’t want Keiffer Moore to play for Wales when there’s an international break.

I was really surprised by how widespread the vitriol aimed st Giggs was when he came on in that Manchester United game in 2013. It used to annoy me that he was never available to play in friendly games, but, if, as is generally accepted, Alex Ferguson was responsible for Giggs’ non availability, what do you think would have happened to Giggs if he had insisted on playing in those matches?

I can t feel sorry for him , his dad was nasty lad and it seems he has no moral compass . He seemingly got over the hurdle of mucking around with his brothers wife and then falls foul again in this alleged incident , no lessons learned I guess there ??

Perhaps not the most intelligent either,very sad as he was a giant of a player ,one of the greatest to apply his trade in the Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree with everything you say, especially the bit about how people don’t want Keiffer Moore to play for Wales when there’s an international break.

I was really surprised by how widespread the vitriol aimed st Giggs was when he came on in that Manchester United game in 2013. It used to annoy me that he was never available to play in friendly games, but, if, as is generally accepted, Alex Ferguson was responsible for Giggs’ non availability, what do you think would have happened to Giggs if he had insisted on playing in those matches?
    If Ferguson was responsible then it's one of a few things
    1) Giggs was forced out of Wales teams, against his wishes, so was obviously intimidated by Ferguson
    2) Giggs didn't fancy it, felt a home game against Liverpool/Everton/Palace/Southampton was more important. We disagree, as Welshmen, but he's made a free choice, albeit one where he has deceived people.

Back then, countries didn't have the right to demand a player showed up, so if Fergie said he was crocked, he was.

So, if Giggs told Fergie "I want to play in that friendly", Fergie would have had some options. Drop a player who was vital to Man U in those glory years and replace him with Kanchelskis or Lee Sharpe. Giggs may well have put in for a transfer at that stage - and would have had a world record transfer fee to maybe Internazionale or Real or Barca. Or Fergie would have had to bite the bullet and accept it.

Fergie was THE BOSS though, not just of Manchester United, but Wales, Northern Ireland, and many other small countries who lived in fear of a star player retiring from international duty. I'm sure Gould or Yorath or Hughes would have just thought "as long as he's here for the qualifier".

Problem was, unlike with Bale, we had the impression that Giggs didn't want to be there. He was our "star" player, and got the armband in later years, but his conviction to Wales was always left a little bit of an unanswered question.

Assuming Giggs wasn't in the problems he is in and assuming Wales were competing as well as they were, if Giggs was offered a job at, perhaps, Everton we know he would drop Wales without a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I can t feel sorry for him , his dad was nasty lad and it seems he has no moral compass . He seemingly got over the hurdle of mucking around with his brothers wife and then falls foul again in this alleged incident , no lessons learned I guess there ??

Perhaps not the most intelligent either,very sad as he was a giant of a player ,one of the greatest to apply his trade in the Premiership
    Although I agree with you on some of those things, I should point out Giggs has not been found guilty of anything yet. And, also, having a nasty dad is not really his fault.

He’s also been harassed by no doubt hundreds of women from a young age, I remember reading stories of him on holidays having the run into the sea and swim away to get away from them harassing him. Sounds dreamy but after a while it must be a nightmare.
    Never married, no kids? Bit odd really for someone with the foot ball world at his feet…..

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Although I agree with you on some of those things, I should point out Giggs has not been found guilty of anything yet. And, also, having a nasty dad is not really his fault.
    His old man used to get a lot of grief on the door of the model inn back in the day……

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Of course he's not guilty hence the word alleged, behaviour can drag through into children .

I never suggested its his fault its very sad as his talent was astonishing as was the length of his playing career and trophy wins .

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    His old man used to get a lot of grief on the door of the model inn back in the day……
    Terrible bully in school

He’s also been harassed by no doubt hundreds of women from a young age, I remember reading stories of him on holidays having the run into the sea and swim away to get away from them harassing him. Sounds dreamy but after a while it must be a nightmare.
    Never married, no kids? Bit odd really for someone with the foot ball world at his feet…..
    all those women and he chose his brother's wife, what a horrible little bastard

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    all those women and he chose his brother's wife, what a horrible little bastard
    He clearly is messed up…..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Terrible bully in school
    Glad we gave it to him in bucket loads

He clearly is messed up…..
    is he? or is he entitled, arrogant and selfish?

Glad we gave it to him in bucket loads
    deserved it

at least a few times a night

bored in town ? ? ? go and abuse Danny

Saw a picture of Danny a few years back, looks like a old man now ( which i know he is )

Don’t remember Giggs getting much stick by Wales fans during his playing career for us. I was at the Millennium Stadium for Giggs’s last game for Wales and he was given a standing ovation from the Wales supporters when he was subbed off.
    He never played many friendlies for Wales, but it was obvious at the time that was down to Ferguson. He always turned up when it mattered, so really don’t understand the vitriol aimed at him the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Don’t remember Giggs getting much stick by Wales fans during his playing career for us. I was at the Millennium Stadium for Giggs’s last game for Wales and he was given a standing ovation from the Wales supporters when he was subbed off.
    He never played many friendlies for Wales, but it was obvious at the time that was down to Ferguson. He always turned up when it mattered, so really don’t understand the vitriol aimed at him the last few years.
    I remember quite a bit in around 2000, when the millennium stadium opened, he obviously turned up for that one.

I used to buy a lot of tickets at the time, i was always disappointed when he didn't show. I didnt support Manchester United so i didnt care what he did for them.

He was a great talent, could have done similar to what Bale did if he had his commitment, ultimately he didn't.