+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spare a thought for Ryan Giggs

Re: Spare a thought for Ryan Giggs

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Excluding Internationals, when he retired at 31 Giggs had played 672 'league matches'.
    At 31 Bales has played 377.

Those stats represent 15yr periods for both players, so Giggs has played on average nearly 20 more games a season than Bale.
    Giggs was born in 1973, and turned 31 in November of 04/05. By the end 03/4, from adding up on wikipedia, he had played 415 league games. Add on maybe 15 for those few months and that's only a difference of about three games a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Has Bellamy abused women? Nothing has been said or written regarding that, he supposedly bullied youngsters, but that was brought against him apparently by parent who didn’t like his son being dropped from the team. Nothing actually proved.
    What about taking a golf club to a fellow professionals kneecaps? I suppose that’s ok because the victim was a man?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What about taking a golf club to a fellow professionals kneecaps? I suppose that’s ok because the victim was a man?
    As good as Bellamy and Giggs were, they are both nasty little ****ers!

Giggs has done so well for Wales but he’s ruined it being a **** of a human being

He should be loved like the other Wales managers before him but he’s totally spoilt it for himself, and if I’m honest for me as a fan.

I held my nose for a time after the Rhodri affair, some people deserve second chances but it’s obviously his true colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

There is no way at 30 there would be talk of Giggs going to China.

You are right, Fergie would never have allowed it unless of course it was in some money-bags invitational game

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Excluding Internationals, when he retired at 31 Giggs had played 672 'league matches'.
    At 31 Bales has played 377.

Those stats represent 15yr periods for both players, so Giggs has played on average nearly 20 more games a season than Bale.
    Giggs never really suffered any major injuries though did he?

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Craig Bellamy 78 caps
    Dean Saunders 75 caps
    Ian Rush 73 caps
    Mark Hughes 72 caps

Does the same apply to these also?
    Ramsey has just 65 caps in 13 years. That could also be argued as pathetic when comparing to Gunter. Both spent a similar period playing for their country.

Ramsey’s availability for Wales, and in particular friendlies, has been shocking but in typical hypocritical fashion Cardiff fans turn a blind eye to this.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Giggs has done so well for Wales but he’s ruined it being a **** of a human being

He should be loved like the other Wales managers before him but he’s totally spoilt it for himself, and if I’m honest for me as a fan.

I held my nose for a time after the Rhodri affair, some people deserve second chances but it’s obviously his true colours.
    Glad your not on the jury….he is guilty already then? No smoke without fire but let’s just wait and see eh? I’ve known a few crazy bitches in my time who liked to get lairy and violent when pissed up

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Giggs never really suffered any major injuries though did he?
    Giggs had loads of problems with his hamstrings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Danny Wilson was always a sombre, unsmiling character, whenever I saw him working the doors (okay, perhaps understandable in that profession) and he looked exactly the same whenever 'relaxing' over a pint down the docks too. He always seemed 'on edge', almost waiting for something to happen.

Wilson used to beat Gigg's mother, which is why he later disowned his father.
    They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
    that was my point

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, time was Giggs supporters could point to his medal collection as proof of being the better of the two, but I heard Nathan Blake reading out what Bale had won at Real Madrid and it no longer applies - he's won four Champions League winners medals and with at least of them, he had a major influence in deciding the outcome of the Final. Given Bale's attitude to his home country as well, he has to be, possibly, the best Wales player ever and definitely above Giggs.
    Where does the great John Charles sit in all this debate

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Anthony Joshua seems to do alright.
    Genuinely not sure what you're getting at here? Has Joshua hit women or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Has Bellamy abused women? Nothing has been said or written regarding that, he supposedly bullied youngsters, but that was brought against him apparently by parent who didn’t like his son being dropped from the team. Nothing actually proved.
    Bellamy was once alleged to have grabbed a woman by the throat in a city centre night club. Memory serves me well he was found ‘not guilty’.

Same thing could happen to Giggs.

Like I said, playing devils advocate.

Thought that would just pop up before Wales games…..

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Bellamy was once alleged to have grabbed a woman by the throat in a city centre night club. Memory serves me well he was found ‘not guilty’.

Same thing could happen to Giggs.

Like I said, playing devils advocate.
    If it wasn't clear from my original comment , what I said is dependent on him being found guilty of abusing his wife.

Regarding the affair with his brother's wife, that type of thing doesn't really concern me because adultery , no matter what the circumstances, is not a criminal offence. It is a private issue and I don't think this type of info should really be in the public domain. If everyone were judged on the same criteria in the tabloid media, very few of us would escape unblemished.

I take your point regarding innocence until proven guilty, if that was the original point you were making...... I'm not sure it was though.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Thought that would just pop up before Wales games…..
    His hamstring was nicknamed Fergie.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    If it wasn't clear from my original comment , what I said is dependent on him being found guilty of abusing his wife.

Regarding the affair with his brother's wife, that type of thing doesn't really concern me because adultery , no matter what the circumstances, is not a criminal offence. It is a private issue and I don't think this type of info should really be in the public domain. If everyone were judged on the same criteria in the tabloid media, very few of us would escape unblemished.

I take your point regarding innocence until proven guilty, if that was the original point you were making...... I'm not sure it was though.
    My playing at being 'devils advocate' wasn't particularly directed at you personally but just put out there for consideration.

The point of 'innocence until proven guilty' is one of the points, amongst others. I think it's quite interesting that some individuals get mullered on here whilst (perhaps) others are seen in a different light.

Also many on here jumping to conclusions about his guilt.

Ched Evans anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As Bale's closest rival for the title of best ever Welsh player I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As Bale's closest rival for the title of best ever Welsh player I'd say.

Na, that's Trevor Hockey (who remembers him)

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    For a while held the title for wildest looks in British football.

Just spared another thought for Ryan Giggs , sorry didn't last long

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    A man you'd not mess with was our Trevor

Wales unbeaten since Giggs left

Just like his wife

Ladies and Gentlemen please book your united coach and match tickets , departing 0830 am , Cyfartha Castle toilets from Mr Hartley , heads of the valleys , United Welsh 😀 👍