+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Spare a thought for Ryan Giggs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Spare a thought for Ryan Giggs

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Playing devils advocate, would you say the same about Craig Bellamy?
    Has Bellamy abused women? Nothing has been said or written regarding that, he supposedly bullied youngsters, but that was brought against him apparently by parent who didn’t like his son being dropped from the team. Nothing actually proved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Has Bellamy abused women? Nothing has been said or written regarding that, he supposedly bullied youngsters, but that was brought against him apparently by parent who didn’t like his son being dropped from the team. Nothing actually proved.
    What about taking a golf club to a fellow professionals kneecaps? I suppose that’s ok because the victim was a man?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Bellamy was once alleged to have grabbed a woman by the throat in a city centre night club. Memory serves me well he was found ‘not guilty’.

Same thing could happen to Giggs.

Like I said, playing devils advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Bellamy was once alleged to have grabbed a woman by the throat in a city centre night club. Memory serves me well he was found ‘not guilty’.

Same thing could happen to Giggs.

Like I said, playing devils advocate.
    If it wasn't clear from my original comment , what I said is dependent on him being found guilty of abusing his wife.

Regarding the affair with his brother's wife, that type of thing doesn't really concern me because adultery , no matter what the circumstances, is not a criminal offence. It is a private issue and I don't think this type of info should really be in the public domain. If everyone were judged on the same criteria in the tabloid media, very few of us would escape unblemished.

I take your point regarding innocence until proven guilty, if that was the original point you were making...... I'm not sure it was though.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    If it wasn't clear from my original comment , what I said is dependent on him being found guilty of abusing his wife.

Regarding the affair with his brother's wife, that type of thing doesn't really concern me because adultery , no matter what the circumstances, is not a criminal offence. It is a private issue and I don't think this type of info should really be in the public domain. If everyone were judged on the same criteria in the tabloid media, very few of us would escape unblemished.

I take your point regarding innocence until proven guilty, if that was the original point you were making...... I'm not sure it was though.
    My playing at being 'devils advocate' wasn't particularly directed at you personally but just put out there for consideration.

The point of 'innocence until proven guilty' is one of the points, amongst others. I think it's quite interesting that some individuals get mullered on here whilst (perhaps) others are seen in a different light.

Also many on here jumping to conclusions about his guilt.

Ched Evans anyone?