+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Italy..last 10 games...

  1. #1

    Italy..last 10 games...

    won them all.
    31 goals for
    0 against.
    .unbeaten in 29..
    what price a goal for little Wales?

  2. #2

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    All runs come to an end sometime.

  3. #3

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Harry Wilson to score

  4. #4

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Scenario
    Our reserves are found wanting and after an hour we're 3 down..
    at the same time the Swiss have gone 2 up..
    do we bring Bale..Ramsey on to try and get an important goal?

  5. #5

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    All runs come to an end sometime.
    Exactly. This is the best time to play them!

  6. #6

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    The players will want to play in Rome.
    Expect changes at half time if it's all going well. No way will we rest our best players.

  7. #7
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,476

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    We all want to win. The team will want to win. We will be complete underdogs. But wouldn't a score draw be the best result?

    Second place looks like the way to an 'easier' last 16 match than group winners.

  8. #8

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    We all want to win. The team will want to win. We will be complete underdogs. But wouldn't a score draw be the best result?

    Second place looks like the way to an 'easier' last 16 match than group winners.
    Absolutely this, yes.

    Italy keep their record intact, we get to five points with a decent chance of progressing to the quarters.

  9. #9

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Absolutely this, yes.

    Italy keep their record intact, we get to five points with a decent chance of progressing to the quarters.
    They'd lose their clean sheet record.

  10. #10

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    They'd lose their clean sheet record.
    This is true.

    They would be unbeaten in thirty though.

    Nil nil would suit too.

  11. #11

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    An early Turkey goal would be nice to settle the nerves a bit.

    If nothing else I want to come 2nd because it means we play at 5pm on a Saturday, with another game to follow at 8pm



  12. #12

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Teams on unbeaten runs tend to get more paranoid as the run goes on. Italy will be shitting themselves at the thought of playing us, I’m convinced of it, I noticed loads of things that we can exploit, they’re liable to implode.......... oh, hang on that was 1966 against North Korea.

  13. #13

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    I'm hoping for Rambo to have a word with a few of his club mates and agree a mutually beneficial 0-0 with no bookings for either side

  14. #14

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Bizarre but true that finishing 2nd would give us a better path ( no easy sides etc.)

  15. #15

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Wales #WAL most likely opponents in Round of 16:

    Denmark - 43.0%
    Russia - 27.1%
    Finland - 8.6%
    Ukraine - 8.4%
    Austria - 5.1%
    Belgium - 4.9%

  16. #16

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Teams on unbeaten runs tend to get more paranoid as the run goes on. Italy will be shitting themselves at the thought of playing us, I’m convinced of it, I noticed loads of things that we can exploit, they’re liable to implode.......... oh, hang on that was 1966 against North Korea.

  17. #17

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Trying to work through the permutations earlier. A second place finish with Russia finishing 2nd in their group would probably be the best result for us on balance.

    Winning the group would probably see us play Austria or Ukraine, not daunting in itself but stronger than Russia on paper Id argue, but I think this would be played at Wembley which is the closest wed get to a home tie. Saying that, Id rather this route should we finish 2nd and Denmark finish second in their group.

    3rd place permutations, if Ive understood correctly, would see us play either Belgium, the winners of the France/Germany/Portugal (gulp) group or the winners of Poland/Slovakia/Spain/Sweden group. Still a lot of football to be played in these groups though and all depends which combination of third placed teams qualify in determining their opponents. If wed finish third then the best we could hope for would be playing one of probably Poland/Slovakia/Spain/Sweden, which would be at Hampden - so I guess the second closest thing wed get to a home tie.

  18. #18
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,613

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Wales's recent form isn't too shoddy if you look at it.
    and what about this 'clean sheet'? I read yesterday somewhere that in their winning run they've had 3 goals scored against them..
    Another point was that they haven't played any of the really top teams in those 29 matches. They're very good with the ball but no one knows what they are like for extended periods without it. (Not that that should be an issue with Wales )

  19. #19

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Wales's recent form isn't too shoddy if you look at it.
    and what about this 'clean sheet'? I read yesterday somewhere that in their winning run they've had 3 goals scored against them..
    Another point was that they haven't played any of the really top teams in those 29 matches. They're very good with the ball but no one knows what they are like for extended periods without it. (Not that that should be an issue with Wales )
    They've had 10 clean sheets in a row.

    https://uk.soccerway.com/teams/italy.../1318/matches/

  20. #20
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,613

    Re: Italy..last 10 games...

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    They've had 10 clean sheets in a row.

    https://uk.soccerway.com/teams/italy.../1318/matches/
    It's only 10!!! Pah!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •