+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leave that Bottle

Leave that Bottle

Re: Leave that Bottle

Product placement at its best well Pogba and CR7 .

Uefa are an awful bunch .

"Uefa has reminded participating teams that partnerships are integral to the delivery of the tournament and to ensuring the development of football across Europe, including for youth and women," tournament organisers said on Thursday.

What utter shite. Absolute shitbags, the lot of them. Heineken is integral how? And if it is, what a disgrace that is. Healthy, well hydrated atheletes are integral to the delivery of the tournament. I have no issue with beer or Coca Cola (I don't drink either but that's a personal choice), but they have nothing to do with football, the Euros, or the delivery of the tournament.

Football will "develop" just fine without these governing bodies and certainly without beer, thanks. It is a game that everyone can PLAY but only some can WATCH. It is about participation in the first instance. And beer plays absolutely zero part in someone being able to play.

Good on Ronaldo for trying to convey a healthy message. My guess is a fine is hardly going to scare him off. I hope this becomes a theme, and these players continue to use this as a platform to make clear that these products are not part of a footballer's diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    "Uefa has reminded participating teams that partnerships are integral to the delivery of the tournament and to ensuring the development of football across Europe, including for youth and women," tournament organisers said on Thursday.

What utter shite. Absolute shitbags, the lot of them. Heineken is integral how? And if it is, what a disgrace that is. Healthy, well hydrated atheletes are integral to the delivery of the tournament. I have no issue with beer or Coca Cola (I don't drink either but that's a personal choice), but they have nothing to do with football, the Euros, or the delivery of the tournament.

Football will "develop" just fine without these governing bodies and certainly without beer, thanks. It is a game that everyone can PLAY but only some can WATCH. It is about participation in the first instance. And beer plays absolutely zero part in someone being able to play.

Good on Ronaldo for trying to convey a healthy message. My guess is a fine is hardly going to scare him off. I hope this becomes a theme, and these players continue to use this as a platform to make clear that these products are not part of a footballer's diet.
    I look forward to Lee Tomlin bringing a paint pot and brush on the field and daubing over the Pukka Pies ads at the side of the pitch.

Wait until the cricket 100 and the crisps and popcorn.

At the end of the day players high wages and tournaments are paid for by sponsors. If they don’t like it they can give back their wages!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I look forward to Lee Tomlin bringing a paint pot and brush on the field and daubing over the Pukka Pies ads at the side of the pitch.
    He's been bringing a pot onto the pitch for a considerable while.

Part of the players and managers obscene wages tho I'm afraid
    If they relied on the sponsorship to bump up their income like back in the day, he would be on every half time advert drinking Coca-Cola and loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Part of the players and managers obscene wages tho I'm afraid
    If they relied on the sponsorship to bump up their income like back in the day, he would be on every half time advert drinking Coca-Cola and loving it.
    Jamie Roberts, ex British Lion rugby player used to get a Grand each time he was filmed holding a can of Red Bull for the Cardiff Blues. Used to have one in his hand running out the tunnel or leave one behind the posts. Soon as he was snapped with it he'd not pick it up again.

Is this the same Ronaldo that used to represent Coke Cola and KFC?

Guess who’s paying Ronaldo’s wages at Juve! https://www.juventus.com/en/partners/

Maradona certainly wouldn’t have binned the coke.

If they're going to fine anyone for moving the bottles then they'll start putting something in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Is this the same Ronaldo that used to represent Coke Cola and KFC?
    used to, yes. Doesn't any more. Presumably because he's an ageing athelete and has learned how to look after his body.

I think it gets MORE publicity by moving it, than it does just stood there