+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tories get a leathering

Re: Tories get a leathering

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    In a sign of greater cooperation between the Liberal Democrats and Labour, the Lib Dem leader, Ed Davey, gave a broad hint that his voters should back Labour in next month’s Batley byelection. “Political parties campaign where they can win,” he told the Observer.

“We thought we could win in Chesham and Amersham. Labour didn’t campaign very much. In Batley and Spen, we will have a presence – we’ve got councillors there. But we’re not going to be able to, frankly, pour in the resources that we put into Chesham and Amersham.

“Voters are far smarter than people give them credit for. Liberal Democrat voters may well notice that this is a Labour-held seat with the Tories in a close second, and they’ll draw their own conclusions. But that shouldn’t be stitched up in a back room by party leaders.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ack-on-johnson

This is the sort of informal pact that has been seen for decades - especially in by-elections. Labour stood but barely campaigned in Chesham and Amersham. The LibDems making clear they will stand but barely campaign in Batley and Spen. It may even be enough to prevent the Tories winning the seat.... or maybe not.
    I think the Tories will win a large majority in Batley and spen.

it voted 60% in favour of Brexit and that's still a big issue for a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

it voted 60% in favour of Brexit and that's still a big issue for a lot of people
    There’s been two general elections since then though with Labour winning the seat on both occasions. I’d say that if the Conservatives win, it would have more to do with something like the vaccine roll out than Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

I think the tories will walk it , labour are completely and utterly useless and finished