+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

Thank god the FA's golden boy Southgate is managing that group of players. They'll never win anything with him in charge the blokes clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    There’s no doubt in my mind, with the rub of the green England have the players to win these Euro’s, unfortunately for them, they have a manager that won’t get them anywhere near it. Taking Foden off and leaving Stirling on. What’s that about? Fair play to Scotland, they were superb!
    England's players always seem overwhelmed by the fact that they are playing for England.

The performace tonight proved that Southgate is useless.

England should be on the attack from the start. They were never on the attack. They didn't even try.

Quite pathetic.

Maybe everything about England and its players are vastly overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    They have been since 1966

This.

What amuses me on here. There was a thread a while back on Peter Shilton, and how whilst he admires Maradona's ability, he could never forgive his cheating. Shilton got it really tight in that thread, whilst we have plenty of posters who still can’t seem to forgive Joe Jordan. Hypocrisy at it’s best.
    I’m no big Jock supporter, but i’d take them to **** England any day of the week!

I watch very few England games because they often coincide with us playing and so, the opening half an hour or so against a tepid Croatia apart, I've been quite surprised at how slow, unimaginative and dull they've been. They seem to have gone backwards since the last World Cup where they were pretty good but a bit lucky to go as far as they did - I don't like saying it, but they do have a lot of attacking talent, yet Southgate seems to have forgotten this and there is a caution to their game which means they aren't as good as they could be.
    Scotland on the other hand, have been impressive up until they get into the final third. They take me back to when Welsh fans (like me!) used to say before the 2016 tournament that they'd be happy if we scored a goal - Scotland certainly don't look one of the worst eight teams in the tournament, but you have to wonder whether they have a goal in them.

I think England may bounce-back. Opening games can be a bit nervy and last night was a bit of a one-off for them. I think they’ll probably improve into the tournament but will need to let the shackles off.

Scotland’s team is pretty solid imo. If Adams can get his eye in I think they have a decent chance v Croatia.

I can see Kane turning things around and bagging a few goals.

England should play Grealish instead of Rice or Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I can see Kane turning things around and bagging a few goals.

Golden boot my arse.

What was it last time, 2 deflections he knew little about and 3 pelanties

So simple, isn’t it? All that natural attacking talent at his disposal, but Southgate persists in playing two defensive midfielders. Against Scotland. It’s mind-numbing.

Rice is by no means a bad player but he shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting line-up for a game like last night’s. Scotland must have been delighted when they saw the team sheet.

Great effort from Scotland, handled the occasion and managed the game well. Good defensive display across the field. Did feel a little like that’s probably the best this team can produce, which isn’t meant to be disparaging as going by rankings they are one of the weakest countries in the tournament (they aren’t the be all and end all but I was actually quite surprised how low they are - Serbia must have been pig sick losing that play off) and England one of the strongest, so a fantastic result for them and maybe some encouragement for the future.

Their performance reminded me a little bit of the “2016” style Welsh team but they lack that bit of speed and real creativity that a Bale or Ramsey type bring.

England looked a little like Scotland against the Czechs in the week, the occasion looked to get the better of them. As some have said above, they really were ponderous especially without the ball. Under-par performance from them, a little nervy even, and I’m starting to think it’s more of a disadvantage for them playing at Wembley in front of a home crowd.

What the hell was Grealish doing? I rate him as a player but at one point when he was in last night he played the ball out to a sub who was warming up ffs…,he almost ballsed up everything he touched, too much pressure maybe? They should have started with him possibly so he wasn’t so pressured by the limited time he had…..I will piss myself if they balls this up like they did in 2016

Years ago to be picked for England it meant that you were the best player, or one of them, in your club side, many of them now are bit part players with the foreign imports the main actors. One of the pitfalls of the Premier League money machine format. In a club match they have a foreign superstar to look up to and dig them out of a hole, in an England shirt it’s down to them, something they don’t seem to be able to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Years ago to be picked for England it meant that you were the best player, or one of them, in your club side, many of them now are bit part players with the foreign imports the main actors. One of the pitfalls of the Premier League money machine format. In a club match they have a foreign superstar to look up to and dig them out of a hole, in an England shirt it’s down to them, something they don’t seem to be able to handle.
    How many of the starting XI for England last night are bit-part players for their clubs?

Years ago to be picked for England it meant that you were the best player, or one of them, in your club side, many of them now are bit part players with the foreign imports the main actors.
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Wales rather than England?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That’s always been the way with us, always, but not with England. How many in their squad are their club’s best players?

Closet England fan

So simple, isn’t it? All that natural attacking talent at his disposal, but Southgate persists in playing two defensive midfielders. Against Scotland. It’s mind-numbing.

Rice is by no means a bad player but he shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting line-up for a game like last night’s. Scotland must have been delighted when they saw the team sheet.
    who gives a toss

England were shite

Rejoice !

That’s always been the way with us, always, but not with England. How many in their squad are their club’s best players?
    Rice Phillips Kane Grealish Calvert - Lewin. One of the best virtually the whole squad.

Grealish is a lightweight ponce

No bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

No bollocks
    No. He gets the shit kicked out of him. Hes a quality player.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

No bollocks
    He looked league two last night, it’s like playing for England can ruin some players. Remember the ones that lost to Iceland 5 years ago? Unable to string basic passes together

No. He gets the shit kicked out of him. Hes a quality player.
    If I was on the pitch with a diver like him I would kick his arse as well

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He looked league two last night, it’s like playing for England can ruin some players. Remember the ones that lost to Iceland 5 years ago? Unable to string basic passes together
    devastating to witness 😢 💔