+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 87

Thread: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

  1. #61

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    England should play Grealish instead of Rice or Phillips.
    So simple, isnít it? All that natural attacking talent at his disposal, but Southgate persists in playing two defensive midfielders. Against Scotland. Itís mind-numbing.

    Rice is by no means a bad player but he shouldnít be anywhere near the starting line-up for a game like last nightís. Scotland must have been delighted when they saw the team sheet.

  2. #62

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Great effort from Scotland, handled the occasion and managed the game well. Good defensive display across the field. Did feel a little like thatís probably the best this team can produce, which isnít meant to be disparaging as going by rankings they are one of the weakest countries in the tournament (they arenít the be all and end all but I was actually quite surprised how low they are - Serbia must have been pig sick losing that play off) and England one of the strongest, so a fantastic result for them and maybe some encouragement for the future.

    Their performance reminded me a little bit of the ď2016Ē style Welsh team but they lack that bit of speed and real creativity that a Bale or Ramsey type bring.

    England looked a little like Scotland against the Czechs in the week, the occasion looked to get the better of them. As some have said above, they really were ponderous especially without the ball. Under-par performance from them, a little nervy even, and Iím starting to think itís more of a disadvantage for them playing at Wembley in front of a home crowd.

  3. #63

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Maybe everything about England and its players are vastly overrated?
    What the hell was Grealish doing? I rate him as a player but at one point when he was in last night he played the ball out to a sub who was warming up ffsÖ,he almost ballsed up everything he touched, too much pressure maybe? They should have started with him possibly so he wasnít so pressured by the limited time he hadÖ..I will piss myself if they balls this up like they did in 2016

  4. #64

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Maybe everything about England and its players are vastly overrated?
    Years ago to be picked for England it meant that you were the best player, or one of them, in your club side, many of them now are bit part players with the foreign imports the main actors. One of the pitfalls of the Premier League money machine format. In a club match they have a foreign superstar to look up to and dig them out of a hole, in an England shirt it’s down to them, something they don’t seem to be able to handle.

  5. #65

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Years ago to be picked for England it meant that you were the best player, or one of them, in your club side, many of them now are bit part players with the foreign imports the main actors. One of the pitfalls of the Premier League money machine format. In a club match they have a foreign superstar to look up to and dig them out of a hole, in an England shirt it’s down to them, something they don’t seem to be able to handle.
    How many of the starting XI for England last night are bit-part players for their clubs?

  6. #66

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Years ago to be picked for England it meant that you were the best player, or one of them, in your club side, many of them now are bit part players with the foreign imports the main actors.
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Wales rather than England?

  7. #67

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Wales rather than England?
    That’s always been the way with us, always, but not with England. How many in their squad are their club’s best players?

  8. #68

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Wales rather than England?
    Closet England fan

  9. #69

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So simple, isnít it? All that natural attacking talent at his disposal, but Southgate persists in playing two defensive midfielders. Against Scotland. Itís mind-numbing.

    Rice is by no means a bad player but he shouldnít be anywhere near the starting line-up for a game like last nightís. Scotland must have been delighted when they saw the team sheet.
    who gives a toss

    England were shite

    Rejoice !

  10. #70

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That’s always been the way with us, always, but not with England. How many in their squad are their club’s best players?
    Rice Phillips Kane Grealish Calvert - Lewin. One of the best virtually the whole squad.

  11. #71

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Grealish is a lightweight ponce

    No bollocks

  12. #72

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Grealish is a lightweight ponce

    No bollocks
    No. He gets the shit kicked out of him. Hes a quality player.

  13. #73

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Grealish is a lightweight ponce

    No bollocks
    He looked league two last night, it’s like playing for England can ruin some players. Remember the ones that lost to Iceland 5 years ago? Unable to string basic passes together

  14. #74

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No. He gets the shit kicked out of him. Hes a quality player.
    If I was on the pitch with a diver like him I would kick his arse as well

  15. #75

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He looked league two last night, it’s like playing for England can ruin some players. Remember the ones that lost to Iceland 5 years ago? Unable to string basic passes together
    devastating to witness 😢 💔

  16. #76

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Craig Burley said on TV coverage over here that that was as good as it could possibly get for Scotland performance-wise. That's sad. I think we're capable of beating anyone if we play our best game.

  17. #77

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Thatís always been the way with us, always, but not with England. How many in their squad are their clubís best players?
    Almost all of them are their club's best players in their positions, which is why most of them are so highly-rated.

    Five of England's starting eleven last night started in the recent Champions League final. Meanwhile, the Premier League's top scorer started up front.

    This season, five of the top eight goal scorers in the Premier League were English. However, only two of those five are with the current England squad and one of those wasn't used last night.

    Whatever you think of them or however you want the to fare, there can be no doubt whatsoever that England have a very talented squad this time around. Sadly for them, it looks like their manager's ultra-cautious approach is going to cost them once more.

  18. #78

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Almost all of them are their club's best players in their positions, which is why most of them are so highly-rated.

    Five of England's starting eleven last night started in the recent Champions League final. Meanwhile, the Premier League's top scorer started up front.

    This season, five of the top eight goal scorers in the Premier League were English. However, only two of those five are with the current England squad and one of those wasn't used last night.

    Whatever you think of them or however you want the to fare, there can be no doubt whatsoever that England have a very talented squad this time around. Sadly for them, it looks like their manager's ultra-cautious approach is going to cost them once more.
    The champions league and the Premier league are a crock of over rated shite

  19. #79

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Almost all of them are their club's best players in their positions, which is why most of them are so highly-rated.

    Five of England's starting eleven last night started in the recent Champions League final.
    .

    That’s more or less my point, in the recent all ‘English’ European Cup Final only 7 out of the 22 who started that final were English, out of the 24 subs, 2 were English. In the ‘68 final 7 of the 11 Man Utd starters were English as was their one sub. In ‘77, 9 of Liverpool’s starters were English while all 5 subs were too. At the top, top level the imports have diluted the flow of English talent.

  20. #80

    Re: FT: ENGLAND 0 - 0 SCOTLAND.

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    At the top, top level the imports have diluted the flow of English talent.
    That might have been relevant in the past, but the current England squad undoubtedly contains some of the very best talent in the top flight regardless of their nationality.

    Your first post on the subject started: "Years ago to be picked for England it meant that you were the best player, or one of them, in your club side."

    I don't think the situation is any different now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •