+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All credit to David Marshall.

All credit to David Marshall.

Still involved in the big games.

Re: All credit to David Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Still involved in the big games.
    The best Cardiff City goalkeeper I've seen in over 60 years of supporting the Bluebirds.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    The best Cardiff City goalkeeper I've seen in over 60 years of supporting the Bluebirds.

StT.
    <><
    Ron Healey for me

Fred Davies for me then Graham Vearncombe

Easily the best keeper for me.

Best keeper ive seen live apart from the odd 1 off games. Not just for City.

We can agree on one thing - we've been blessed with some wonderful keepers in our history. It seems like it's the one position we do get right.

Lee Smelt

Have it

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Fred Davies for me then Graham Vearncombe
    Started with Vearncombe.

Yes to Fred Davis, Bob Wilson. Jim Eadie, Ron Healy, David Marshall, Tom Heaton and not forgetting Etheridge, Alexander and another local boy Andy Dibble and a young lad called Schmeical.

got to say mine is also Marshy

though Heat's is close, a great shot stopper

I guess as a top career, Kasper must the best ive seen live

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ron Healey for me
    City have been blessed with a number of fine keepers during my years following City. Ron Healey would be one in that category but Marshy was a keeper set apart. Throughout his 7 seasons at City his performances were consistently high. During his PL season in 2013-14 he was simply world class. That he is still playing at the highest level is testimony to a consummate professional.

StT.
    <><

It would be nice to have someone of this quality now, trouble is atm we dont know who our best keeper is.

City have been blessed with a number of fine keepers during my years following City. Ron Healey would be one in that category but Marshy was a keeper set apart. Throughout his 7 seasons at City his performances were consistently high. During his PL season in 2013-14 he was simply world class. That he is still playing at the highest level is testimony to a consummate professional.

StT.
    <><
    A great goalkeeper for us no doubt. But still playing at the highest level? He plays for derby and Scotland, where his competition have only really played in Scotland (and are about the same age). I'm not detracting from the fact he was a great goalkeeper and a city legend, but it's just not true to say that he's still playing at the highest level any more.

I could have played against England last night & kept a clean sheet, he had zero to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    A great goalkeeper for us no doubt. But still playing at the highest level? He plays for derby and Scotland, where his competition have only really played in Scotland (and are about the same age). I'm not detracting from the fact he was a great goalkeeper and a city legend, but it's just not true to say that he's still playing at the highest level any more.
    When I said that he was playing at the highest level I was thinking that he's still playing international football for his country despite being aged 36.

StT.
    <><

When I said that he was playing at the highest level I was thinking that he's still playing international football for his country despite being aged 36.

StT.
    <><
    The span of his international career is now 16 years 10 months which is pretty impressive, with his debut in August 2004. This is a Scottish record, with Craig Gordon, Scotland’s current no. 2 keeper, just behind him (38 years old).

George Wood

Dilwyn John

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Dilwyn John
    Good snooker player

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Lee Smelt

Have it
    ......Pat Heard, then Paul Went.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The span of his international career is now 16 years 10 months which is pretty impressive, with his debut in August 2004. This is a Scottish record, with Craig Gordon, Scotland’s current no. 2 keeper, just behind him (38 years old).
    That is one heck of an impressive statistic and shows both his ability and dedication are excellent.

StT.
    <><

That is one heck of an impressive statistic and shows both his ability and dedication are excellent.

StT.
    <><
    Indeed