+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lee Dixon

Lee Dixon

Impressed with his co-commentary. He doesn't fall into the banal banter usually forced down our throats and says it as it is without droning on. Sam Matter-of-fact isn't brilliant (very scripted commentary with usual tedious "facts") but better than Tyldesley and definitely Jonathan Pearce.

Re: Lee Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Impressed with his co-commentary. He doesn't fall into the banal banter usually forced down our throats and says it as it is without droning on. Sam Matter-of-fact isn't brilliant (very scripted commentary with usual tedious "facts") but better than Tyldesley and definitely Jonathan Pearce.
    I don't listen to any of them, the TV is on mute if i watch a game on my own. So ****ing boring.

Agree with all of that. I've always liked Dixon as a pundit, and Matterface isn't as bad as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't listen to any of them, the TV is on mute if i watch a game on my own. So ****ing boring.
    I totally agree, even the better "commentators" are shit; David Coleman was my favourite. I only wish you could have the option of turning off the commentary and listen to just the crowd noise.

I totally agree, even the better "commentators" are shit; David Coleman was my favourite. I only wish you could have the option of turning off the commentary and listen to just the crowd noise.
    Yup, i'm always amazed at how so many people put an emphasis of importance on Commentary or co commentary. I can appreciate good knowledge of the game etc, but i'd rather just get on with watching the game and coming to my own conclusions without having to listen to a couple of people state the obvious (in most cases)

I feel Matterface is always one step behind the game and wouldn't get a look in at the BBC. The rest of ITV's commentary team (not the pundits) are shite.

Hartson is the worst for stating the bleeding obvious

Michael Owen is the worst commentator to have ever lived. So f**kin boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, i'm always amazed at how so many people put an emphasis of importance on Commentary or co commentary. I can appreciate good knowledge of the game etc, but i'd rather just get on with watching the game and coming to my own conclusions without having to listen to a couple of people state the obvious (in most cases)
    If you think footballs bad listen to Adam Smith commenting on boxing. Utterly abysmal.

Quest have better commentators than ITV although I don't mind Joe Speight. Matterface should have stuck to Sky Sports News as he's not a very good commentator.

Lee Dixon is one of the main co-commentators on US EPL coverage. I think he's great. He's really down-to-earth and gives a really good insight into what a pro is thinking/feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Lee Dixon is one of the main co-commentators on US EPL coverage. I think he's great. He's really down-to-earth and gives a really good insight into what a pro is thinking/feeling.
    He’s excellent on their coverage. His insight is nearly always informative. I’ve not heard anyone better

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If you think footballs bad listen to Adam Smith commenting on boxing. Utterly abysmal.
    Absolutely, he can see what nobody else can, Biased to Hearn fighters, although that's about to end as Hearn hasn't taken up the option of a new Sky contract.

I'll raise you Owen Hargreaves

He’s not great. He was trying to banter with McCoist during the England Scotland match and it was cringe. I think he’s boring anyway.

It’s the poorest set of commentators I can remember.

He is one eyed fair play
    Sako clearly tries to con the ref but Dixon says it was a definite foul