+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone watched GB News?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone watched GB News?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I really like Stewart Lee but his views on German humour are very ill-informed and much of what he says about it is plain wrong. Most jokes can be directly translated in both directions and be equally funny.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...any.features11
    I sometimes read your posts and wonder to myself… “is he just talking to himself?”…

I’m pretty sure I spout some inane drivel on here as well, but by now we all know that you’re a Germanophile, a world traveller who likes things off the beaten track and a supreme linguist.

Having said that I do read a fair bit of what you post, although wanting to understand German humour is stretching it 👍

Re: Anyone watched GB News?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I sometimes read your posts and wonder to myself… “is he just talking to himself?”…

I’m pretty sure I spout some inane drivel on here as well, but by now we all know that you’re a Germanophile, a world traveller who likes things off the beaten track and a supreme linguist.

Having said that I do read a fair bit of what you post, although wanting to understand German humour is stretching it ��
    I probably do talk to myself much of the time and it's probably time I pared it back. Thanks.