+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The John Hartson School Of Commentary

Re: The John Hartson School Of Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Danny Murphy had a few John Hartson moments in the Denmark-Russia game tonight.

As Denmark scored their third (maybe fourth goal - can't remember now) he claimed that would be enough whatever happened in the Belgium-Finland game. Belgium were 1-0 up at the time and a Finland equaliser would have put them 2nd above Denmark.

He was also one of many BBC pundits tonight who bemoaned the fact that Denmark will not play their next game (against Wales!) at home in front of their own fans. Right....

..****ing ****

First Team

Re: The John Hartson School Of Commentary

I have to say I have no sympathy given the crap ESPN come up with.

None of the commentators are actually at the games. They aren't telling me anything I can't see for myself.

Their cast of commentary buffoons has no equal:

Dour Scot Derek Rae who is beginning to shoot right up my list for those on the bus to Hades. He insists on proper pronunciation of German players and clubs, which is admirable but extremely grating. He is also full of dull facts about players. Who cares if Hinteregger? likes hunting ffs.

Taylor Twellman. Yeah, I don't know who he is either. He certainly has nothing interesting to say but in an American accent.

John Champion who I think was once with the BBC. In Italy v Wales yesterday he came up with a line about the Italians being dressed in Armani while Wales were wearing whatever they found clean at the bottom of their suitcases. Tosser.

Rob (Phillips) - there's a visa waiting for you any day you want it.