Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
Earnie was fine.

Hughes (even when a miserable git) and Taylor are OK. Savage and Ashley Williams are very good. Bellers was always good. Coleman is good.

Unfortunately Hartson is usually poor. Ledley and Robson-Kanu are uncomfortable and wooden - and add almost nothing as pundits. So ITV had three duds out of four, made worse by Mark Pougatch who must be the dullest of BBC/ITV/Sky main presenters.

Still, who cares. Wales second in group and all is well with the world!
I watched the game with my mother, so punditry was in full flow( not from her) Earnie was attempting to make some good points, and he wasn't cosying up to the Welsh team. Was critical of morell for switching off on the goal and explained that bale had got under the ball for that chance. Also made a good point about trying to get on the ball before giving it to the game changers like bale and Ramsey. I thought that he did well.

Punditry is shit on the whole, although I'd add that plenty of football fans do miss certain points from pundits as they just don't understand what they're saying, even when it is informative.