+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Travelling to Amsterdam

Travelling to Amsterdam

On the Government website seems you can only travel to Netherlands for “essential” travel - guess a Euro football match doesn’t count? Also need to test before and after and also self isolate when you arrive ( if I’ve read that right!).

Shame, what a weekend that could have been

Re: Travelling to Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    On the Government website seems you can only travel to Netherlands for “essential” travel - guess a Euro football match doesn’t count? Also need to test before and after and also self isolate when you arrive ( if I’ve read that right!).

Shame, what a weekend that could have been
    You could have visited the amber light area.

I had an email from Wonky Sheep yesterday after the game. They are waiting for confirmation that you dont need to isolate on arriving in the Netherlands if you are spending less than 12 hours in the country.
    Looks like theyll run some trips if this is the case.

The amber system is a complete farce.

just put a scotland shirt on they didnt get noticed at wembley last week ,the bbc couldnt get enough of them

It says 10 day isolation for NON EU nationals arriving in Holland too!

Nightmare.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57556248
    Wales fans 'won't be allowed in' to Netherlands

It seems this is becoming a tournament for the favoured few, both football and fan related. Are the local authorities going to rush to provide safe fan zones this weekend? Not unless we suddenly change the shape of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    It seems this is becoming a tournament for the favoured few, both football and fan related. Are the local authorities going to rush to provide safe fan zones this weekend? Not unless we suddenly change the shape of the ball.
    The British Lions are also playing on Saturday- is there a fan zone?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The British Lions are also playing on Saturday- is there a fan zone?
    Who knows? I doubt there would be a demand. I haven’t even heard the Lions are playing. Who’s radar is it on?

I am aware of a minibus of city fans who are leaving Wednesday, Driving through France and getting the Train in to Amsterdam, staying a few nights and back home the same route

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I am aware of a minibus of city fans who are leaving Wednesday, Driving through France and getting the Train in to Amsterdam, staying a few nights and back home the same route
    Best of luck with that
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ravel-20866011

Cycle to the ground and watch a few Schteve McClaren videos and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Will the Police really be bothered with a few hundred Welsh fans

The article only states " Wales Health Minister Eluned Morgan said she had talked to police in Amsterdam who had said that fans would not be welcome in the city. "

Book a couple of house viewings in Amsterdam over the weekend and call it essential travel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Book a couple of house viewings in Amsterdam over the weekend and call it essential travel.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Will the Police really be bothered with a few hundred Welsh fans

The article only states " Wales Health Minister Eluned Morgan said she had talked to police in Amsterdam who had said that fans would not be welcome in the city. "
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57556248

"Eluned Morgan said police in Amsterdam had said they would not be "letting Welsh fans into the country"."

"Speaking at Monday's Welsh government coronavirus briefing, Baroness Morgan said: "We have had some guidance from the police in Amsterdam who have told us that they will not be letting Welsh fans into the country."

Ireland lost their games because they couldn't guarantee being able to allow fans to go to the games. But Holland happy to effectively ban Welsh fans.

Will Finland/Denmark/Russian fans be allowed to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Ireland lost their games because they couldn't guarantee being able to allow fans to go to the games. But Holland happy to effectively ban Welsh fans.

Finland & Danish fans can, but not Russia or Wales. The ban applies to non-eu countries

Going to be like a home game for Denmark on Saturday.

Italian fans not allowed to Wembley Saturday either I trust, not much vaccinating going on in Italy I believe

Going to be like a home game for Denmark on Saturday.
    Another one, like for England, Italy etc….it’s such an unfair format

Now to sweet talk the other half into understanding the importance that I go and be the sole Welsh man who makes it to Amsterdam to chant against a sea of Danes.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Italian fans not allowed to Wembley Saturday either I trust, not much vaccinating going on in Italy I believe
    UK is getting around 10kcases a day more than Italy, so we have nothing to worry about letting them in

It’s going to be like another away game for us on Saturday then