+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Travelling to Amsterdam

Re: Travelling to Amsterdam

Posted on FB BY Corky

Just come off a teams meeting with the Danish fan Embassy and the Dutch police commander, it was gut wrenching to be honest and hard to hear about the 4 charter planes arriving from Denmark and the Danish SLO asking where they can park all the expected coaches that will arrive and the estimated 4000 Danes who have tickets and the many more who will get them through the black market etc.
    However I do not blame the Danes, infact I am glad they were supported by the authorities that rule them to go. All tickets are sold out now but I explained that we had been trying since Sunday night to get our fans there in a safe responsible way with Negative PCR tests being compulsory, a bubble trip in and out, and quarantine on our return for 10 days, and nobody wanted to know.
    Everyone seem sto be blaming each other so its nobody taking responsiblity.
    The UK Government were not going to intervene because they told us from the start that travel to Amber countries was not illegal but the advise was to only travel for essential purposes, they have not changed their stance on that and that is why we did not run fan embassies.
    The Dutch government put the UK on a red list or danger list, along with lots of other countries including Denmark, so were never going to intervene on our behalf but would they have stood against us if the Welsh or UK government had appealed to them to a least consider the bubble that was proposed? Who knows, maybe they did, but either way we are not an EU Country anymore and maybe politics is interfereing more than we realise and its politics rather than Health reasons that the Dutch are allowing over 5,000 Danes in but are checking the borders incase a few intrepid Welsh fans risk it?

Our fans were fantastic in France and were awarded an UEFA Prize in recognition of the way we behaved , interacted and added to the tournament, 5 years later we are left to watch from afar as just about every other nations' supporters enjoy the games in person.
    We want someone to blame and the FAW or even us as a fans organisation get criticised for not doing enough, but this is way above our control and although covid is a huge and valid factor there is also politics being played out here in my opinion.

I wished the Danes well and am actually glad they get to make the trip, I would get no satisfaction if we were both banned to be honest, I pray we win and then win again in Baku so our red wall can finally get to a game.

Italy play in London next week and the home office inform me that no Italian fans lIving outside the UK will be allowed into London although 1000's from the UK will get tickets, if England win the next game cthey go to Rome and the Italians haver already said no British citizens are welcome in Rome do to the Covid increases here and the new variant. Be interesting to see how that pans out.

Lets all stay positive , get behind Page and the lads, hope the small number of Welsh fans in the groud are loud and proud and we progress in this surreal, tournament that is anything other than a level playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I just cancelled my flight.
    Gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Mullering? I think we got a great chance against Denmark. Enjoy it mate!
    The bookies don’t….Denmark 4/6….Wales 4/1.

Hope we can upset the odds, and respect to all those making the trip !

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Cheers Buddy.

Booked for tomorrow evening.
    Just hope that the stadium officials don’t get pissy because the ticket is in my Brothers name.
    If you get as far as the stadium, hopefully you’ll be fine….good luck mate.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Will the Police really be bothered with a few hundred Welsh fans

The article only states " Wales Health Minister Eluned Morgan said she had talked to police in Amsterdam who had said that fans would not be welcome in the city. "
    They'll remember that chat I'm sure , all good 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Loving the fairness, do Welsh fans matter ?

Oh well never mind Boris is allowing 65k for semi and final , hopefully we may get an allocation for both games unless Mark and Eluned ban that as well .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Loving the fairness, do Welsh fans matter ?

Oh well never mind Boris is allowing 65k for semi and final , hopefully we may get an allocation for both games unless Mark and Eluned ban that as well .
    It's the Dutch government that has banned fans from Wales, not Drakeford or Morgan.

10/10 for trying but they thought theyd found a loophole by flying to Moscow, then Amsterdam. Did they think Russia was an EU country?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ravel-20885096

She was fecking working class
    She had lobsters up the arse
    She was a ....Dutch Bitch

We got sh!t on at the last Euros too.

Anybody remember the equal split of tickets with the English in Lens? Wales get a pitiful corner of the ground while England have about 3/4 of it.

Corrupt ****s.