+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dave Bowman, New Recruitment Consultant At Cardiff City

Dave Bowman, New Recruitment Consultant At Cardiff City

Happened to stumble across this while perusing the Ipswich Town forum, trying to get further information about our new defender Mark McGuinness.

Worked with MM and TC before.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich...ardiff-8074082

Re: Dave Bowman, New Recruitment Consultant At Cardiff City

Let’s hope his arrows hit home

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Happened to stumble across this while perusing the Ipswich Town forum, trying to get further information about our new defender Mark McGuinness.

Mickey Mouse and Top Cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

Odd one that, the club were making noises about putting a better structure in place around the recruitment process, but whats the point of that if the manager is going to bring in a guy he's worked with in the past and bypass it all - if that's what's happening .

We've learned in the not too distant past that the manager having too much power isn't always a good thing. On the other hand if this guy is good then it might not be all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Odd one that, the club were making noises about putting a better structure in place around the recruitment process, but whats the point of that if the manager is going to bring in a guy he's worked with in the past and bypass it all - if that's what's happening .

We've learned in the not too distant past that the manager having too much power isn't always a good thing. On the other hand if this guy is good then it might not be all bad.
    I'd agree.

Although it sounds like a posher name for a scout.

Not a bad list of players he's been involved in signing

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    LOL Ipswich have signed a load of rubbish in the last few years

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

You've covered all the bases there!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    From that comment I think it's safe to assume you didn't read the list of players mentioned in the link.

Some have gone on to have played a lot of Premier league football in recent years and another is regular international goalscorer Keiffer Moore.

Apparently, he's highly strung.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Apparently, he's highly strung.
    Hit targets constantly throughout his career though.

Great appointment, I’m all of a quiver.

Keeps turning up for work pissed. Can't get him off the Archer's.

If I remember correctly from the reports, at the last fans meeting there was a bit of a spiky back and forth including on basis of needing a director of football.

It's strange that club introduce football people in terms of that former Arsenal employee and now this with next to no announcement or explanation of their new role which might help us think there are football people involved.

True but in all these cases you will be given a list of all his successful signings with no mention of the dogs and there will be a few dogs he recommended. That said it seems to be generally acknowledged that during MMs time with Ipswich they were very much a selling club and he had to manage on a shoestring budget selling anyone who could be solid for money and bringing in cheap signings or free transfers. He seems to have done this pretty well and if Bowman had a big part in this he has done a good job. I don't doubt he played a big part in getting McGuiness in as he was there when he played for Ipswich.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Let’s hope his arrows hit home
    We need Bernie the Bolt and Ann Ashton.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    My thoughts exactly some fine players in that list I wonder if his first spot is the new defender we've just signed who had a loan spell at Ipswich ??

When we sacked Ian Moody, Crystal Palace were bottom of the league. In the January window they signed Scott Dann, Wayne Hennessey, Tom Ince, Joe Ledley and Jason Puncheon. Scott Dann is still there and they're still in the EPL. As the kids say: just sayin'.

From that comment I think it's safe to assume you didn't read the list of players mentioned in the link.

Some have gone on to have played a lot of Premier league football in recent years and another is regular international goalscorer Keiffer Moore.
    LOL, I read it. The first thing that struck me was most of these so called success stories were in their mid to late 30s. One has even retired Hardly any examples of him signing young players, developing them and turning a profit.

Adam Webster is one player they bought at a young age and sold for a healthy profit. One player.

Please stop making out Kieffer to be an Ipswich town success story, he was originally plucked from obscurity by Gary Johnson at Yeovil. Went back down the leagues, got promoted with Forest Green, Ipswich gave him a second chance at a higher level but he played just 11 times for them without scoring, packed off on loan and moved on.

Dig a little deeper - that’s the beauty of the internet - and Ipswich Towns signings have not been great in the period he has been involved in recruitment

So they signed one or two loan players from prem clubs. Big deal. We signed Harry Wilson on loan, one of several we’ve had on loan from premier league clubs in recent times. I don’t think premier league loan signings are exclusive to this guy.

This is nothing more than jobs for the boys. Something I had hoped we had seen the back of when we got rid of Colin.

It’s only a consultancy basis so hopefully it doesn’t undermine the work our own recruitment team has been putting in last few years where weve been shifting away from the sort of signings Warnock was making,

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We need Bernie the Bolt and Ann Ashton.
    Heinz the Bolt, Jackie Rae & Anne Aston even