Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
From that comment I think it's safe to assume you didn't read the list of players mentioned in the link.

Some have gone on to have played a lot of Premier league football in recent years and another is regular international goalscorer Keiffer Moore.
LOL, I read it. The first thing that struck me was most of these so called success stories were in their mid to late 30s. One has even retired Hardly any examples of him signing young players, developing them and turning a profit.

Adam Webster is one player they bought at a young age and sold for a healthy profit. One player.

Please stop making out Kieffer to be an Ipswich town success story, he was originally plucked from obscurity by Gary Johnson at Yeovil. Went back down the leagues, got promoted with Forest Green, Ipswich gave him a second chance at a higher level but he played just 11 times for them without scoring, packed off on loan and moved on.

Dig a little deeper - that’s the beauty of the internet - and Ipswich Towns signings have not been great in the period he has been involved in recruitment

So they signed one or two loan players from prem clubs. Big deal. We signed Harry Wilson on loan, one of several we’ve had on loan from premier league clubs in recent times. I don’t think premier league loan signings are exclusive to this guy.

This is nothing more than jobs for the boys. Something I had hoped we had seen the back of when we got rid of Colin.

It’s only a consultancy basis so hopefully it doesn’t undermine the work our own recruitment team has been putting in last few years where weve been shifting away from the sort of signings Warnock was making,