+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female Pundits

Re: Female Pundits

Listen!

I caught a little of Emma Hayes and I have to admit that I didn't understand a lot of what she was saying - I am still stuck on a "low block". FFS.

Political correctness gone mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Political correctness gone mad.
    What’s mad is employing dull ex-footballers as pundits simply because they played the game at a decent level when listening to them is as entertaining as watching wood warp.

As a viewer, I genuinely couldn’t care less about the sex of the football reporter, summariser or pundit provided the person concerned is good at the job, and many of the men who regularly pop up on our screens these days simply aren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    I caught a little of Emma Hayes and I have to admit that I didn't understand a lot of what she was saying - I am still stuck on a "low block". FFS.
    https://soccerdetail.com/2021/06/13/...4-2-low-block/

A low block is just defending deep and usually in numbers.
    Basically parking the bus in old money.

Thank you, Mr.K.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Elis James had James Chester, Danny Gabbidon and Jayne Ludlow on his podcast after the Switzerland game and Ludlow was by far the most interesting.

Give me Emma Hayes over Danny Murphy, Jermaine Jenas, John Hartson, Robbie Savage etc. as well.

Who is the one on ITV. She knows her stuff inside out. She is the only one of any of the pundits so far that strikes me as someone who has actually researched the small teams she has to cover. Really impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I f***ing hate people who use that way of speaking. I hope they don't say that to blind people.
    I see what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What’s mad is employing dull ex-footballers as pundits simply because they played the game at a decent level when listening to them is as entertaining as watching wood warp.

As a viewer, I genuinely couldn’t care less about the sex of the football reporter, summariser or pundit provided the person concerned is good at the job, and many of the men who regularly pop up on our screens these days simply aren’t.
    Have to agree with you here. Earnie and Ledley were an embarrassment the other day. Earnie comes out with phrases that he obviously has used in training kids "everyone loves the ball" inanity.

Emma Hayes is the lady I was thinking of in my earlier post. I have no doubt she has spent the last few weeks watching each of the teams she is covering. Stupid girly swot is what some of them are thinking. Let's be honest here, Keane, Sounness, Neville, Earnshaw, Ledley, Savage, Shearer, Micah Richards they just show up. They appear great because they know England, Scotland, Wales inside out. Well, they pretend they do.

Earnie put a video of himself on Twitter walking into the ITV studio. Emma Hayes is sat there getting some makeup and she is talking about Macedonia, the left back, and some lesser known players. She has a pile of notes in front of her. Earnie just walks in, sits down and has a real "look at me" attitude. Disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Who is the one on ITV. She knows her stuff inside out. She is the only one of any of the pundits so far that strikes me as someone who has actually researched the small teams she has to cover. Really impressive.
    Eni Aluko.
    I'm surprised the BBC didn't snap her up, but they seem to need to put Alex Scott on tv as much as possible. Isnt she the next host of Question of Sport aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Is that the one who sounds like a female Glenn Hoddle, both vocally and in her turn of phrase ? If so, she is excruciatingly bad.

While the analysis provided by some of the female pundits is OK, what I dislike intensely is them being introduced as FA Cup Winners, European Cup Winners etc etc, like that puts them on a par playing-wise with their male counterparts. Sorry it doesn't, it's a million miles away from the standard of the men's game. Same set of rules but a different game.

In an FA Cup game not so long ago they had a male and female pundit in the studio. He was introduced as having played in 1 cup final, whilst she had played in 3 or 4 finals. Really pi**ed me off that did !

Not overly impressed with any of the pundits (male or female) currently on offer but my heart sinks when I hear laughing boy Micah Richards, Mark Hughes, Alan Shearer and Ashley Cole. And not forgetting Vicky Sparks....aaarrrgh !!

I think that Earnie comes across pretty well, certainly a hundred times better than Hartson. Lee Dixon is OK, Keane is nasty but watchable, Wrighty I used to dislike but is now quite entertaining. Of the female pundits, Eniola Aluko is quite good and Alex Scott is obviously very knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    In an FA Cup game not so long ago they had a male and female pundit in the studio. He was introduced as having played in 1 cup final, whilst she had played in 3 or 4 finals. Really pi**ed me off that did!
    How bizarre, how bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    How bizarre, how bizarre.
    I know, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post

While the analysis provided by some of the female pundits is OK, what I dislike intensely is them being introduced as FA Cup Winners, European Cup Winners etc etc, like that puts them on a par playing-wise with their male counterparts. Sorry it doesn't, it's a million miles away from the standard of the men's game. Same set of rules but a different game.

In an FA Cup game not so long ago they had a male and female pundit in the studio. He was introduced as having played in 1 cup final, whilst she had played in 3 or 4 finals. Really pi**ed me off that did !
    On this basis do you think we also shouldn't describe Katherine Grainger as an Olympic Gold Medalist, or Serena Williams as a Wimbledon Champion?

You get some good female pundits and some bad ones, same as the male pundits. Vicky Sparkes voice is really grating I find.
    The worst pundit I’ve seen in a very long time, maybe the worst ever was Marlon Harewood, who was summarising during a Championship game a couple of months back, he was truly awful. It was painful to watch.

Feedback

Feedback