+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No new roads

International

Re: No new roads

I think most of the original railways were built by consortiums of business men who just got governent approval for the routes. The railways weren't taken into public ownership or responsibility until the network was complete.

roads just happen, that's why they are so twisty in the countryside. Read a poem "The rolling English road" you'll get the idea. And the same thing applies to streets in town. They are so narrow and congested is because we won the second WW. Germanys are nice and clear. Ever thought why?
    It is so vey easy to blame rich Englishmen for every little woe in life.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So when does my petrol driven Ford c max become illegal ?

Its only done 50 k , I want another 100 out of it 😫
    you'll be fine, they have almost 15 years to carry on making new petrol cars, and then they'll probably not do anything with cars already on the road for many years. Your Cmax will be long gone by the time they start taking them off the roads.

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's a modern managerial technique apparently.
    Yes, normally used when you are in an empty office because everyone has fecked off and refuse to work with you.

Welsh government to suspend all future road-building plans

Its reported :

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=uxbndlbing

The Labour-led Welsh government is to freeze new road-building projects as part of its plans to tackle the climate emergency, and an external panel will review all proposed schemes

Re: Welsh government to suspend all future road-building plans

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I know 3 people who have either worked for or close to him, and they would agree with blue tit 100%. The words used describing him were dictatorial uninterested in opinions stubborn and the like. Needless to say none of them work near him any more.
    Cheers for the backup, horrible human being (not you, him)

International

LOM was just a little late because he couldn't get to his computer.........he was stuck in traffic!!

Expert = An ex is a has-been and a spurt is a drip under pressure. Experts generally are only interested in trying to demonstrate how clever they are. In actual real time work they are less than useless
    What a spectacularly broad statement

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What a spectacularly broad statement
    I know. Good init?

Sorry, I forgot Cyril's colour coding. I think this should be green,

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Unfortunately, the current road network is shit.
    Been in Cornwall for nearly three weeks on holiday. I so miss the Cardiff speeds bumps. Found one speed bump in Truro and have to keep going over it time and again to make me feel more at home.

Never mind, next week back home and looking forward to the 14 bumps/ cushions between the house and the local retail park 1 mile or so away.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Cheers for the backup, horrible human being (not you, him)
    A little tale. Mrs & I were walking the canal last November. Got talking to a couple & talk turned to Mr Tortoise. Turns out these two were something to do with the Royal British Legion & as soon as Mr Tortoise's name came up they practically threw up ! Apparently their daughter works closely to him and he's an obnoxious individual, and didn't bother turning up at the Remembrance ceremony in Cathays Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    you'll be fine, they have almost 15 years to carry on making new petrol cars, and then they'll probably not do anything with cars already on the road for many years. Your Cmax will be long gone by the time they start taking them off the roads.
    my c max will never die

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Been in Cornwall for nearly three weeks on holiday. I so miss the Cardiff speeds bumps. Found one speed bump in Truro and have to keep going over it time and again to make me feel more at home.

Never mind, next week back home and looking forward to the 14 bumps/ cushions between the house and the local retail park 1 mile or so away.
    Could you bring me back a dozen pork and apple sausages ?

So good night Vienna to the M4 relief road then. How can it be better for the environment to have traffic crawling along the stretch around Newport than having, let's face it, mostly through-traffic flowing smoothly on a bypass on their way east or west? A bypass would separate local traffic from through traffic further reducing congestion.

On the same subject, but a different topic - how can bus lanes be eco-friendly? How can it be greener to have one complete lane left empty for 98% of the time, while right alongside it, cars are queueing for ages, with their engines running? Idling cars cause more pollution than those that are moving. They should instead be looking to speed up ALL traffic.
    Take the bottle neck on Newport Road, between the old library and Roath Court funeral home. There are three lanes there - why not have a traffic light system, like they do on North Road, so that when the traffic is busy in the rush hour, they can have two lanes going one way (and one the other). But no, instead, we have a bus lane that is not only empty for most of the time, but it only works in one direction.
    They should also make all of Penarth Road a clearway, so there are two lanes clear in both directions all the way from Penarth to Cardiff Central station. The part just after the bridge over the river, going into Grangetown, is a real bottle-neck.
    Sadly it's all quite deliberate, and the motorist is taking the brunt of the Government efforts to reduce CO2 emissions. When in fact, cars only contribute around 7%.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yesterday, my daughter-in-law was driving back from Bristol, a journey she does 3/4 times a week. It took her 90 minutes to get from the bridge [where the queues had begun], all the way into Cardiff, to pick up the little fella from our house.

This, on the very day [ 21/6/202] the Welsh Assembly has removed the M4 relief Road from the planning register, thus making it almost impossible for the UK Govt. to impose the project upon them for years to come.
    Should put paid to any commercial minded companies thinking of investing access is critical.

LOM was just a little late because he couldn't get to his computer.........he was stuck in traffic!!
    😅

Driving back to Cardiff is a feckin nightmare! Crazy that a nutjob like Drakeford can block the needed relief road.

The WAG is an embarrassment.

Don't think I could ever move back under such government.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    So good night Vienna to the M4 relief road then. How can it be better for the environment to have traffic crawling along the stretch around Newport than having, let's face it, mostly through-traffic flowing smoothly on a bypass on their way east or west? A bypass would separate local traffic from through traffic further reducing congestion.
    But it was intended to relieve the congestion on the Brynglas Tunnel section, and the Burns report said 60% of the traffic going though Brynglas was local people commuting between Cardiff and Newport, so improve the public transport to get people out oof their cars and put camera'd speed limits on the motorway to ease the traffic flow.
    Well the WAG did one part of that instantly!!

Wher e burns got the 60% commuter traffic figure from is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Driving back to Cardiff is a feckin nightmare! Crazy that a nutjob like Drakeford can block the needed relief road.

The WAG is an embarrassment.

Don't think I could ever move back under such government.
    Stuck between a rock and a hard place then.