Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Isn't the point that, once the decision to exclude Davies and Mepham had been made, you only had a choice out of Gunter and Cobango - I would have gone with the latter, but Gunter has not got one hundred and two caps for no reason, he's one of those players who seems able to make the jump to international football easier than you would think and I think you can count the number of really poor games he's had for Wales on the fingers of one hand. As for the Luton reserve, once it had been decided Ampadu was going to start in defence and Ramsey in a more advanced position, his selection makes more sense when you consider that the realistic alternatives were someone who played for Doncaster Rovers last season or someone who couldn't get in the Istra 1961 first team.

Finally, is your Italy/Swansea comparison a fair one? Italy, even with all of those changes, were better than virtually anyone else in the tournament , Swansea are a good Championship side with a few limitations - City were booting the ball up the pitch to no one in the second half at the Liberty despite, unlike wales, having eleven players on the pitch for the last thirty five minutes of the match.
Yes the Swansea comparison isnt really fair ability wise. However they were going all out for the equaliser im not convinced Italy broke sweat.

My point is City get stick for that 2nd half performance when really it was a superb defensive effort in a game we should have wrapped up in the 1st.