Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
My thought was the squad was too inexperienced and leaving out Chester, Vaulks and Robson kanu was a huge error.
I think the idea is that giving younger players as much experience as possible they're better prepared when it's their turn to be first names on the team sheet and, possibly because not enough get game time at club level, it helps their footballing skills develop as well.

It's similar to the Toshack model which has served us well without being able to give them 50 caps by age of 25 because we're now in competitive games.

I'm not here to pick out individuals who are currently with us, and have done well in vast majority of games, but suggestion on twitter being that we were missing a Joe Ledley (who I would characterise as being a good engine, bigger body in CM, good passer of the ball, does his job efficiently without mistake, experienced at highest level) which I think is a fair one.

With Wales Page has Arsenal assistant by his side but that's not going to happen if he became first team manager at club football. Not only do we have a lack of evidence, outdated evidence, as Page as a club boss but we can't even say he'd be as good as he currently is because he'd be missing a big part of backroom staff. There really is a lack of evidence to judge on.