+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Zealand - world Test Cricket Champions?

New Zealand - world Test Cricket Champions?

Despite all of the time lost to rain, it looks certain there'll be a definite result in the game - New Zealand need 139 to beat India.

Re: New Zealand - world Test Cricket Champions?

I've really enjoyed this test match.
    It always makes for better cricket where the advantage is slightly in favour of the bowlers. Fair play to the New Zealand seam attack, they really know what they are trying to do. I managed to watch a bit this morning, and can you imagine twenty years ago , when you are trying to save a test batting like Pant was?
    The game has changed so much in recent years but a lot of this test match has had a touch of 1970's and 1980's cricket about it where having a defence has been a huge requirement.

Would love to see Ashwin get stuck into them early. 2 or 3 quick wickets and itll be squeaky bum time for New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I've really enjoyed this test match.
    It always makes for better cricket where the advantage is slightly in favour of the bowlers. Fair play to the New Zealand seam attack, they really know what they are trying to do. I managed to watch a bit this morning, and can you imagine twenty years ago , when you are trying to save a test batting like Pant was?
    The game has changed so much in recent years but a lot of this test match has had a touch of 1970's and 1980's cricket about it where having a defence has been a huge requirement.
    A run rate struggling to reach two an over throughout - Geoff Boycott would have been in his element! Jamie son is a serious bowling talent, who is also averaging 42 with the bat in test cricket, while the best compliment I can pay Tim Southee is that it you didn’t look too closely you could have thought you were watching Jimmy Anderson bowling. Boult’s a class act as well and Wagner is more than the bang it in halfway down the pitch merchant that I mistakenly thought he was a few years back. Then you’ve Kane Williamson playing an old fashioned anchor man type innings and I’ve not seen a newly capped batsman look as comfortable in test cricket as Devon Conway in years - New Zealand will be worthy Champions if they can get the one hundred and twenty more they need at tea.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Would love to see Ashwin get stuck into them early. 2 or 3 quick wickets and itll be squeaky bum time for New Zealand
    I don’t think we’ll need to wait long after tea to see at least one of the Indian spinners in action. So much of modern cricket is carved up in favour of England, Australia and India, so I think it would be great to see someone from outside that trio become World Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t think we’ll need to wait long after tea to see at least one of the Indian spinners in action. So much of modern cricket is carved up in favour of England, Australia and India, so I think it would be great to see someone from outside that trio become World Champions.
    I think they have thoroughly deserved it.