+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Selecter , 3 minute hero

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Selecter , 3 minute hero

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Played with a ska band that supported The Selecter in TJ's. Incredible woman to meet. Our sax player kept pinching chips from her plate.
    I saw them in Tj's earlyish 90s.
    Three of us boys and a girl ended up fighting with two mini buses of skinheads/general rabble from Cwmbran in a carpark who took offence to me calling one of them an arsehole for doing a nazi salute during the gig.
    The nazi saluting idiot followed us with his twenty or so mates as we walked to my car.
    I opened the boot grabbed an old crooklock and cracked him in the face A few jumped on us but luckily police turned up. I remember this punk girl clare that came with us going nuts squirting wd40 and de icer she'd got from my boot in their faces

I remember seeing them in in TJ's in the 90's. Worst night of my life. During the gig i spotted a helium balloon that someone had let go of, facinated by the balloon high up in the ceiling space i decide to point this out to my group of friends.

Some thug took offence to this, followed me out into the car park and assaulted me with a crook look while his girlfriend attacked me with non ozone friendly CFC based aerosols.

Scarred for life

Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Q View Post
    I remember seeing them in in TJ's in the 90's. Worst night of my life. During the gig i spotted a helium balloon that someone had let go of, facinated by the balloon high up in the ceiling space i decide to point this out to my group of friends.

Some thug took offence to this, followed me out into the car park and assaulted me with a crook look while his girlfriend attacked me with non ozone friendly CFC based aerosols.

Scarred for life

Scarred for life

Scarred for life

Helium Hitler