+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROBERT GLATZEL - Completed transfer to Hamburg

ROBERT GLATZEL - Completed transfer to Hamburg

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-20882406

German second-tier club HSV Hamburg are reportedly in discussions with Cardiff City over a deal to sign Robert Glatzel.

The striker was signed by Neil Warnock back in the summer of 2019 for £5.5m from German outfit Heidenheim, however his time with the Bluebirds has been mixed.

It became abundantly clear early on in Mick McCarthy's reign that Glatzel did not have a future with the Bluebirds, with the manager shipping him off to Mainz for a loan move until the end of the season.

McCarthy subsequently stated that Glatzel was up for sale this summer, claiming the German was "not for him" and effectively ending his two-year stint with the Welsh capital city club.

Now, German outlet Bild report that Hamburg are in discussions with Cardiff City over signing the striker this summer.

It is claimed that a transfer fee of "around €500,000 (£428,000) is being discussed" between the two clubs with Hamburg looking to "strengthen their attack" after finishing fourth in Bundesliga 2 last term.

The other striker reportedly on Hamburg's radar is young Danish talent Mikkel Kaufmann. The 20-year-old FC Copenhagen player has a contract until 2024, though, and could prove a more costly option.

Glatzel, whose deal runs out next summer, managed just 11 goals in 58 games across a season and a half with the Bluebirds and netted just two in 11 appearances for Bundesliga outfit Mainz at the tail end of last season.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-eyein...000-discussed/

Re: Glatzel to Hamburg for £430k - maybe.

6 million , plus sell on clause or nothing .

I'd argue we have developed him since his 5.5 million move

Seems crazy to accept that fee

He scored some tidy goals for us

Get Rid

He isn't going to play, and we have too many strikers. We are hardly in a good bargaining position.

Take the money now. He’s in the last year of his contract so unless we sell him before this transfer window closes, he’ll walk away for free next year after sitting on another year’s wages

Good news if true. 500k plus a years wages off the books is a good deal.

I thought wed be looking at a years loan.

5.5m ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Good news if true. 500k plus a years wages off the books is a good deal.

I thought wed be looking at a years loan.

5.5m ffs.
    ^^^ This

I like Glatzel, but it’s patently obvious he’s not suited to the Championship. Glatzel for £5 mill, plus Vassell for, correct me if I’m wrong, £3.5 mill. Great business by Warnock!

No use to us if MM won't play him. Can't see us getting any more than that for him and he will be on good money too. As far as I am concerned he can become a hamburger.

Cut our losses. He's an honest player, works hard, doesn't hide and i was willing him on to do well. The fact is that he's not made for Championship football. So how can the club get around that if he doesn't possess any other traits (like pace, good movement, awareness in the box etc) that can over ride his inability to compete physically at this level? They can't is the simple answer. He isn't strong enough and doesn't have the ability to negate that weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    I like Glatzel, but it’s patently obvious he’s not suited to the Championship. Glatzel for £5 mill, plus Vassell for, correct me if I’m wrong, £3.5 mill. Great business by Warnock!
    Vassell's fee was undisclosed, but most news outlets and transfer sites quote just under £2m. A more realistic fee - even back in the pre-Covid insanity of summer 2019 - would have been what Glatzel may bring in this window if the reports are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Vassell's fee was undisclosed, but most news outlets and transfer sites quote just under £2m. A more realistic fee - even back in the pre-Covid insanity of summer 2019 - would have been what Glatzel may bring in this window if the reports are correct.
    of course Warnock later claimed who he REALLY wanted was Oli Watkins, but the club wouldn't sign him for £2million

Done deal according to the club's website, undisclosed fee.

Good news. Effectively Collins replaces him.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Good luck to the lad buying striker's is a lottery, like most clubs you o get stung a few times.

For balance I suppose we had a bargain in Zohore and Moore .

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Seems crazy to accept that fee

He scored some tidy goals for us
    I just cannot understand how anyone can say this.

He was never good enough despite always giving everything.

So getting anything for him is a good deal.

What a huge waste of money for a player who was clearly never good enough and yet people still wanted to give another chance to 🤷*♂️

(then again some people even rated that one ‘assist’ from Madine!)

Re: ROBERT GLATZEL - Completed transfer to Hamburg

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Cut our losses. He's an honest player, works hard, doesn't hide and i was willing him on to do well. The fact is that he's not made for Championship football. So how can the club get around that if he doesn't possess any other traits (like pace, good movement, awareness in the box etc) that can over ride his inability to compete physically at this level? They can't is the simple answer. He isn't strong enough and doesn't have the ability to negate that weakness.
    Exactly. Bang on.

That equaliser at Elland Road. Has to be up there with most memorable Cardiff goals. Link anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I just cannot understand how anyone can say this.

He was never good enough despite always giving everything.

So getting anything for him is a good deal.

What a huge waste of money for a player who was clearly never good enough and yet people still wanted to give another chance to 🤷*♂️

(then again some people even rated that one ‘assist’ from Madine!)
    Not really fair to compare him to madine
    ... Not that you did directly. He did show moments of talent and I think he can do a job somewhere. He wasted what, 10%? Of his career with us, and we wasted a chunk of tans money on him. Dave Jones could spot attacking quality and since then we've been clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    That equaliser at Elland Road. Has to be up there with most memorable Cardiff goals. Link anyone?
    Goal highlights. Morrison sent off as well.

In case blocked by advert

Goal highlights. Morrison sent off as well.

Good luck to him. Don't know if it was our club or this league but it didn't work more than it did.

Sure to start knocking them in now as will Cornelius against Wales.