+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ROBERT GLATZEL - Completed transfer to Hamburg

Re: ROBERT GLATZEL - Completed transfer to Hamburg

Not impressed with his performance at City I always thought he would be better as a Hamburger.

There’ll be a charge in the club’s accounts for the year ended 31 May 2022, as follows:

Original fee: £5.5m
    Contract length: 3 years
    Annual charge to accounts: 5.5/3= £1.83m

So for the current year (the last one of his deal), it’ll be:
    Annual charge: £1.83m
    Less Transfer income: -£0.425m
    Net charge: £1.405m

This is on top of the 2 x £1.83m charges that would be in previous years accounts, unless they bring forward the final year into the accounts for the year ended 31st May 2021 as a ‘post balance sheet event’.

Not a great bit of business, that.

Re: Glatzel to Hamburg for £430k - maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Not really fair to compare him to madine
    ... Not that you did directly. He did show moments of talent and I think he can do a job somewhere. He wasted what, 10%? Of his career with us, and we wasted a chunk of tans money on him. Dave Jones could spot attacking quality and since then we've been clueless.
    Patently incorrect. Moore for a start.

Two years ago the market was totally different to now. At that time £5.5m for a striker was peanuts - £8m for Zohore for gods sake !. Also, a players maximum value is usually at the start of his contract, unless he scores 15-20 plus goals a season or plays out of his skin. Otherwise, approaching or in the final year of his contract, value will always drop. Its always easy being wise after the event and some people on here have turned this into an art form. In 12 months time Glatzel could leave for nothing, so getting £500k now is good business.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Sure to start knocking them in now as will Cornelius against Wales.
    I doubt Cornelius will play against us.

Re: Glatzel to Hamburg for £430k - maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I just cannot understand how anyone can say this.

He was never good enough despite always giving everything.

So getting anything for him is a good deal.

What a huge waste of money for a player who was clearly never good enough and yet people still wanted to give another chance to 🤷*♂️

(then again some people even rated that one ‘assist’ from Madine!)
    You mean the assist from Madine at Sheff Utd, that got us the point that got us promotion to the Premier League. Worth £6m of anyones money on any day of the week - brought in well over £100m in extra revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Two years ago the market was totally different to now. At that time £5.5m for a striker was peanuts. Its always easy being wise after the event and some people on here have turned this into an art form.
    £5.5 million for a striker has never been peanuts for a Championship club like Cardiff City. Not five years ago, not two years ago and not now. To suggest as much in a weak defence of a poor signing is laughable.

I’m going to be wise after the event: Gary Madine, Omar Bogle, Isaac Vassell and Robert Glatzel were poor signings. Neil Warnock wasted a large amount of the club’s money on strikers who weren’t remotely good enough - much more money than any Cardiff City manager before or since.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You mean the assist from Madine at Sheff Utd, that got us the point that got us promotion to the Premier League. Worth £6m of anyones money on any day of the week - brought in well over £100m in extra revenue.
    Dont you think with 6m spent more wisely we wouldnt have relied on that 1 assist.

Youve come up with some classics but to try and defend the signing of Madine tops the lot.

A shocking awful signing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    £5.5 million for a striker has never been peanuts for a Championship club like Cardiff City. Not five years ago, not two years ago and not now. To suggest as much in a weak defence of a poor signing is laughable.

I’m going to be wise after the event: Gary Madine, Omar Bogle, Isaac Vassell and Robert Glatzel were poor signings. Neil Warnock wasted a large amount of the club’s money on strikers who weren’t remotely good enough - much more money than any Cardiff City manager before or since.
    Agree, yet he laments the board saying they didnt back him in the purchase of Ollie Watkins for £2m amongst all the shite he brought in up front. Even if that is true, i cant blame the board for being a bit skeptical

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Totally agree, we've completely wasted the financial benefits of promotion TWICE and now have nothing to show for it.

For the first time since Malky MCKay took us up we will be competing without the unfair advantage of Premier League money, we've had an opportunity which should have left us amongst the strongest in the league, but we are about as mid table as you can get.

Yeah just didn't work for Glatzel, how the club paid 5.5mil for him though i'll never know.
    The only thing that makes me smile about Gary Madine's time here was the rumour floating around he was walking around cardiff on a Saturday evening paying local hard knocks to fight him in an underground club!! Classic rumour mill.
    Other than that, another 6mill down the swanny as he was shite.