Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day of the season - Predictions

Opening Day of the season - Predictions

Fixtures announced tomorrow morning.

I’ll go for Forest at home.

Re: Opening Day of the season - Predictions

Luton Away

I don't know why this thread (which we have every year) irritates me so much. Why do people try to guess the first fixture? do you feel proud if you get it right? what does it prove?

I know it's just a bit of harmless fun , and there are plenty of other topics on here that are equally pointless, but for some reason this really grinds my gears.

West Brom away just for Rjk .

It’s always Bournemouth away

1-0 City win for me.

Jacks Home, get it in early on the Friday night before they need to police a full house.

Peterborough home.

Stoke away

Blackpool home.

Blackburn away

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Blackpool home.
    Weird - that's exactly what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't know why this thread (which we have every year) irritates me so much. Why do people try to guess the first fixture? do you feel proud if you get it right? what does it prove?

I know it's just a bit of harmless fun , and there are plenty of other topics on here that are equally pointless, but for some reason this really grinds my gears.
    You ok hun?

Really?

Coventry away.

Could be boiling hot or even bitter cold and raining, weather in this country is crackers!

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Blackpool home.
    Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Weird - that's exactly what I was thinking.
    Very weird. I thought of that one as well - either before or after the other 45 possibilities. Would you credit it?

Agreed. Absolutely mindless.

Like the apparent interest when the fixture list is announced: we have to place everyone home and away, so what does it matter when we do? I just don’t understand why people are so interested.

It's going to be Hull away - make sure you keep your stubs!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Agreed. Absolutely mindless.

Like the apparent interest when the fixture list is announced: we have to place everyone home and away, so what does it matter when we do? I just don’t understand why people are so interested.

It's the blueprint for the next year. It's the base for planning holidays, weekends away. Christmas plans, etc.

If you stay home and watch on TV it's pretty pointless. If you go home and away it means quite a lot.

Bournemouth away.
    A nice trip to the seaside and a hot weekend.

Edit:
    Just seen the fixtures are out

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It's the blueprint for the next year. It's the base for planning holidays, weekends away. Christmas plans, etc.

If you stay home and watch on TV it's pretty pointless. If you go home and away it means quite a lot.
    I get being interested in the fixture list when it is announced, but guessing who will be first up seems really pointless.
    oh well, it's over now for another year.

I get being interested in the fixture list when it is announced, but guessing who will be first up seems really pointless.
    No more pointless than those threads that talk mind numbingly about whether the club got a good price for a player for it’s finances or thise that say of we got an offer of X them that would be good etc…

Any early guesses for next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Any early guesses for next season?
    Man City away

As the Barnsley manager is likely to be at
    West Brom by the time the season starts, it seems only right that I win the prize - what is it Micheel?