+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seems Mainly UK Sides Taking The Knee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Seems Mainly UK Sides Taking The Knee

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Still think more sides would adopt the position of taking the knee , shocked to read today it was just a few sides still adopting it mainly the UK sides, pointing out that doesn't make anyone a racist or right winger.

Neither does it make anyone a racist who they vote for albeit racism exists both the left and right side of politics and its voters .

If some feel taking the knee is now slowly losing its impact , it doesn't make them racists.

It's reported decent genuine and even black players and sides think the action has perhaps had its day, and perhaps should now end ,still doesn't make them racists .
    I would agree with you that it shouldn't make a difference regarding voting intention and what papers you read but its definitely a factor

Let's be honest here if someone gets their news from The Sun or The Daily Mail they are going to be fed some right nasty stuff regarding race and immigration .

And when the tory party openly courts the immigration card then its going to attract people of a racist persuasion to vote for them .

Having said that there are lots of people from white working class backgrounds who read The Sun and vote Labour and some of the attitudes on building sites towards black people and some of the racially offensive terms used wouldn't go down well with the Islington Labour Party .

I think the tories are very clever in attracting the white working class who are right wing in thinking regarding race

Thats why Labour are fecked.

Re: Seems Mainly UK Sides Taking The Knee

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would agree with you that it shouldn't make a difference regarding voting intention and what papers you read but its definitely a factor

Let's be honest here if someone gets their news from The Sun or The Daily Mail they are going to be fed some right nasty stuff regarding race and immigration .

And when the tory party openly courts the immigration card then its going to attract people of a racist persuasion to vote for them .

Having said that there are lots of people from white working class backgrounds who read The Sun and vote Labour and some of the attitudes on building sites towards black people and some of the racially offensive terms used wouldn't go down well with the Islington Labour Party .

I think the tories are very clever in attracting the white working class who are right wing in thinking regarding race

Thats why Labour are fecked.
    Spot on , not sure about clever Tories lol , I just wonder if they were Tory voters in the beginning ,seemed that way in the Brexit vote