+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ryan Wintle style of play

Ryan Wintle style of play

https://www.playmakerstats.com/news....215&nchapter=4

This piece looks like it's a season out of date, but it's encouraging all the same. Wintle looks a genuinely promising signing to me.

The question is will we see at least one of the current batch of midfielders move on this summer? Bacuna, Pack, Ralls, Vaulks and now Wintle is a lot of defensive midfielders for a club that is apparently going to have to cut costs.

Re: Ryan Wintle style of play

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

This piece looks like it's a season out of date, but it's encouraging all the same. Wintle looks a genuinely promising signing to me.

The question is will we see at least one of the current batch of midfielders move on this summer? Bacuna, Pack, Ralls, Vaulks and now Wintle is a lot of defensive midfielders for a club that is apparently going to have to cut costs.
    The article was written about a League Two player then,but I must say that the first three sentences in red are very encouraging - we’ve needed an “out ball” for “anyone who gets into trouble in possession” for ages.

Well Norwich are in for Gilmour on loan so i suspect the 6m for Vaulks is off.😂

I suspect wed listen to offers for all of them.

With the current situation though I dont see bids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    With the current situation though I dont see bids.
    I'd imagine all four are on decent wages too. If McCarthy can't offload at least one of them, then I assume it's going to hamper attempts to bring in quality players further up the field.

I'd imagine all four are on decent wages too. If McCarthy can't offload at least one of them, then I assume it's going to hamper attempts to bring in quality players further up the field.
    I wouldnt like to think what Bacuna is on with that 4 year deal handed out by Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Well Norwich are in for Gilmour on loan so i suspect the 6m for Vaulks is off.😂
    I should think so, too! It was meant to be £7m! 🤣

The author's assessment of Ng turned out to be right

5 midfielders + youngsters does seem like too many to cover the 2 CMs that we have been playing with, but given that the 4 of Bacuna, Pack, Ralls and Vaulks are all presumably on big wages it will probably be pretty difficult to move them on. Especially this summer where there seems to be a glut of decent players available out of contract and just speculation, but I woulnd't be surprised to see some quality premier league players making late loan moves to the championship for the clubs who have kept their powder dry.

The other option is if we repurpose one of more of those 4 to other positions, we've seen Bacuna at RB and attacking midfield - not really a natural at either. Pack in CB where he certainly offers a better passing out of defence option - and it isn't uncommon for managers who employ a back 3 to convert a midfielder to play in there.
    Also Ralls at LWB - which hasn't been that successful so far, but I think he has all the attributes to do well there. Perhaps not blessed with that much pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Pack in CB where he certainly offers a better passing out of defence option - and it isn't uncommon for managers who employ a back 3 to convert a midfielder to play in there.
    This is something I'd like to see more of and I was pleasantly surprised that Mick was willing to try it out. It'd be nice to have someone who's natural instinct isn't to play a 60-yard diagonal pass into the fourth row of the stand.

At the very least, it's certainly a good option to use in games where we're expected to win, and we need to use the ball better.