+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Derby County Accounting Errors!

Derby County Accounting Errors!

Interesting piece on BBC Sport website

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57590681

Also, the bit at the end where they say the EFL have made Derby and Wycombe's fixtures interchangeable for next season.

Re: Derby County Accounting Errors!

Didn't bother reading all of this thread, but the stuff I did read was quite interesting with some accepting they could well go down, while others called for the EFL to be disbanded - others appear to think that the EFL owe them because they were founding members of the Football League!

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/37680-efl-...e/17/#comments

Cant see this being wrapped up before the beginning of next season. I cannot see a situation where Derby go down

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Interesting piece on BBC Sport website

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57590681

Also, the bit at the end where they say the EFL have made Derby and Wycombe's fixtures interchangeable for next season.
    I don't know why the EFL are bothering with the interchangeable fixture lists. Derby don't have to submit their revised accounts until after the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Didn't bother reading all of this thread, but the stuff I did read was quite interesting with some accepting they could well go down, while others called for the EFL to be disbanded - others appear to think that the EFL owe them because they were founding members of the Football League!

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/37680-efl-...e/17/#comments
    Fans are fans, I guess we would be the same.

How Derby have fallen from one of the best supported family friendly clubs in the division, always challenging for promotion - to the verge of relegation. To go all Werner Herzog on this, there is a sickness at the heart of that football club, and it can only come from the top.
    Their appalling treatment of Richard Keogh - who had played over 300 games for them hardly missing a game.
    Dodgy financial practices
    Cheating to get a game rescheduled for non-existent snow.
    Call me naïve but I tihnk there is an underlying culture at the club now that allows this stuff to go on, that would not be considered at a lot of clubs a this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Fans are fans, I guess we would be the same.

How Derby have fallen from one of the best supported family friendly clubs in the division, always challenging for promotion - to the verge of relegation. To go all Werner Herzog on this, there is a sickness at the heart of that football club, and it can only come from the top.
    Their appalling treatment of Richard Keogh - who had played over 300 games for them hardly missing a game.
    Dodgy financial practices
    Cheating to get a game rescheduled for non-existent snow.
    Call me naïve but I tihnk there is an underlying culture at the club now that allows this stuff to go on, that would not be considered at a lot of clubs a this level.
    Least interesting fact of the day (and regarding Werner Herzog): The German Film we know as 'The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser' has a totally different original title i.e. 'Jeder für sich und Gott gegen alle', which means 'Every Man for Himself and God Against All'.

Just sayin'

By the way, his 'Fata Morgana' is a bit different, innit?

I just wonder how quickly they can get those 3 years accounts done with all that snow up there!!