Thread: New Stranglers track

New Stranglers track

Great track and cool video.

https://youtu.be/5fMiCcPO5tY

Re: New Stranglers track

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Great track and cool video.

https://youtu.be/5fMiCcPO5tY
    Enjoyed that. Remember seeing Toy Dolls supporting Adam & The Ants at Top Rank ca.1982. I’m sure Baz Warne played with them. He does a really good job on vocals… imagine he sounds like Cornwell at live shows

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Enjoyed that. Remember seeing Toy Dolls supporting Adam & The Ants at Top Rank ca.1982. I’m sure Baz Warne played with them. He does a really good job on vocals… imagine he sounds like Cornwell at live shows
    He certainly does sound like Cornwell!

Thanks for posting that, cool video and a really good track, it’s new but reminiscent of their best stuff. Seen them a few times live with Baz up front and he’s very good. Bet Stuart Pearce loved making that video

Only JJB left from the original line up. This sounds like late 70’s Stranglers to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    He certainly does sound like Cornwell!
    Are you joking? Warne sounds absolutely nothing like Cornwell. For me, that's one of the few saving graces - at least he's his own man and doesn't try to do a Hugh impression.

This song isn't bad at all. But it's not great either.

The Stranglers minus Hugh Cornwell, Dave Greenfield and Jet Black = not the Stranglers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Are you joking? Warne sounds absolutely nothing like Cornwell. For me, that's one of the few saving graces - at least he's his own man and doesn't try to do a Hugh impression.

The Stranglers minus Hugh Cornwell, Dave Greenfield and Jet Black = not the Stranglers.
    Each to their own :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

...the new Sugarbabes

I was just saying to someone the other day, it's amazing that the only original member is the bass player and they still (kind of) sound like the Stranglers. Does JJ Burnel still occasionally do vocals?