+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: roaming charges

Re: roaming charges

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

is that the same 51.89% who voted for Brexit ? ? ? or were only the deciding 3.78% ignorant
    I don't think the 51.89% who voted for Brexit are ignorant.

A good 0.1% of them stand to make a lot of money out of it. I can see why they were full steam ahead.

Still waiting for one actual tangible benefit of brexit after all this time that we could have just done anyway.

People who voted brexit still defending it by ignoring the actual evidence in this thread too. They’ll never admit they were sold a dud, gladly voted for it and still defend it to this day.

Economy - worse
    Travelling - worse
    Trading with other countries - worse
    Importing - worse
    Exporting - worse
    Food standards - worse
    Poorer areas of the country - worse off
    Fishing - worse

Can anyone give me a genuine benefit that was worth ****ing up all that for

The whole rest of the world is still shocked that we left a genuine free trade agreement with a huge economy (where we were still allowed more freedom than the other countries) for no benefit. Unless you’re a multi millionaire and use tax havens that is. Greedy ***** misleading voters by lying yet again, yet people still defend them.

is that the same 51.89% who voted for Brexit ? ? ? or were only the deciding 3.78% ignorant
    Lots were misled and didn’t understand the consequences and believed what they were sold. You could call that ignorance but that takes the blame off the lying politicians.

It’s why referenda don’t really work, the average person doesn’t have the time to become fully educated in a topic and it’s why we voted for proportional representation. The unfortunate thing about brexit is billionaires were allow you lie through their teeth and have now ****ed everything up so they can make themselves even richer.

I can’t believe people still defend it even with all the evidence. But then people on here seem to have form with ignoring evidence to let their emotional biases take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I can’t believe people still defend it even with all the evidence. But then people on here seem to have form with ignoring evidence to let their emotional biases take over.
    I'm not sure that I see that many people defending "it" i.e. making any argument that this has been a good thing. I see lots of people defending themselves and that they are not to blame for it. And in many ways they are not. Years of Daily Mail nonsense and then a spineless man called Cameron should carry a lot of this. But not to expend any effort in working out what Brexit would mean does make you ignorant.

I also see a lot of people saying that Brexit isn't just about the economy. And I do see that. I see that people might be worried about the speed at which the way of life in the UK is changing, driven by immigration. But what are they actually expecting to happen? If that was your stance - is the net reduction in immigration enough of a benefit to pay for the price of the economic damage caused? That is what is missing - anyone saying "I voted Brexit for [X] and there is evidence that [x] has happened so I got it right".

I'd accept that if immigration was actually as big a problem as the press and the government make it out to be but net immigration isn't even very high in this country (usually around +300,000 a year, in the grand scheme of things nothing).

Also we always had the power to control it, look at how France controls immigration even from other EU countries.

I kid you not. A woman in her late 60s told me last week it was all worth it because she could have a blue passport cover. She also told me if I didn’t like Brexit I could always go and live in France.

That’s the point though, you took that right away from me.

I'd accept that if immigration was actually as big a problem as the press and the government make it out to be but net immigration isn't even very high in this country (usually around +300,000 a year, in the grand scheme of things nothing).

Also we always had the power to control it, look at how France controls immigration even from other EU countries.
    imagine the cuisine in this country if it wasn't for immigration.
    horrendous

Well 300k+ a year is a city the size of Cardiff - it's not nothing. In 20 years that is 10% of the population. It is quite high even compared to other westen countries. Whether that is a problem is another matter of course.

Since when has 300,000 people been nothing

Still waiting for one actual tangible benefit of brexit after all this time that we could have just done anyway.

People who voted brexit still defending it by ignoring the actual evidence in this thread too. They’ll never admit they were sold a dud, gladly voted for it and still defend it to this day.

Economy - worse
    Travelling - worse
    Trading with other countries - worse
    Importing - worse
    Exporting - worse
    Food standards - worse
    Poorer areas of the country - worse off
    Fishing - worse

Can anyone give me a genuine benefit that was worth ****ing up all that for

The whole rest of the world is still shocked that we left a genuine free trade agreement with a huge economy (where we were still allowed more freedom than the other countries) for no benefit. Unless you’re a multi millionaire and use tax havens that is. Greedy ***** misleading voters by lying yet again, yet people still defend them.
    Vaccine administration was a lot quicker and probably saved lives

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    we've been overtaken by some European countries now, so is it costing lives now?

Nope

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55163730

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Since when has 300,000 people been nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Well 300k+ a year is a city the size of Cardiff - it's not nothing. In 20 years that is 10% of the population. It is quite high even compared to other westen countries. Whether that is a problem is another matter of course.
    When compared to an overall population which is decreasing and compared to the net immigration of other western countries.

Our net migration rate since 2010 has been below Switzerland, Norway, Australia, Canada, Austria, Italy, Germany and plenty of others. Like I said in the grand scheme of things it is nothing.

It’s a drop in the ocean and contributed to our strong economy. Immigration is good for a country at a certain level.

We are at similar levels now and could have gone our own way even without brexit though.

Even if you include that, that’s 1 positive against a whole load of negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    imagine the cuisine in this country if it wasn't for immigration.
    horrendous
    Worth it to take back control !!

I am sure after Covid the blurred lines will be revealed , we now have to get on with this as a country and make it work .

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Okay giving I will re align the discussion with your nope ( giving more people vaccination earlier doesn't save lives ) hope that helps .

Okay giving I will re align the discussion with your nope ( giving more people vaccination earlier doesn't save lives ) hope that helps .
    I have no idea what this means.

First Team

Brexit - The chance for the losers to moan and moan.
    Why do the Brexiters want to constantly refer to Remainers as "losers" and complaining that they "moan"? That's playground bullying BS. It isn't helping the UK heal one little bit. It's pouring rocket fuel on the fires of the Scottish, Irish and Welsh independence movements in case you (Billy Brits) hadn't noticed.

(For the record, I'm an American and couldn't vote in the referendum.)

Yeah I’ve never got that, the outcome for everyone voted is the same. It’s not a football match ffs.

Still not one benefit of brexit in this thread either.

Yeah I’ve never got that, the outcome for everyone voted is the same. It’s not a football match ffs.

Trade deal with Liechtenstein?

I've researched this subject and am happy to share the benefits below-

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I've researched this subject and am happy to share the benefits below-
    Second hand car dealers....raking it in due to the difficulties with importing new cars and the parts needed to manufacture them in the UK. There is now a shortage of used cars.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Second hand car dealers....raking it in due to the difficulties with importing new cars and the parts needed to manufacture them in the UK. There is now a shortage of used cars.
    Are you sure that's Brexit related and not down to the pandemic or the fire at the Taiwanese electronics plant?

When compared to an overall population which is decreasing and compared to the net immigration of other western countries.

Our net migration rate since 2010 has been below Switzerland, Norway, Australia, Canada, Austria, Italy, Germany and plenty of others. Like I said in the grand scheme of things it is nothing.

It’s a drop in the ocean and contributed to our strong economy. Immigration is good for a country at a certain level.
    It is a drop in the ocean. Most come here, work and pay taxes and NI and help keep the country afloat.