+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alan Shearer: Why there is nothing to be scared of for England in the knockout stages

Re: Alan Shearer: Why there is nothing to be scared of for England in the knockout stages

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Don't think this Germany team is very good and I could see them beating Germany with home advance England France final for me but I think it will be more difficult for France with them possibly having to beat Italy and Spain or Belgium to get there.
    Definitely harder for any one team on the other side of the draw to make the final. At a guess - I imagine the odds on England getting there are shorter than they are for any other team at the moment. Having said that - I imagine that in the final, the favourite will almost certainly come from the other side of the draw.

Re: Alan Shearer: Why there is nothing to be scared of for England in the knockout stages

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Don’t think so with the rules at the time. Think it was Wales or Sierra Leone through family?
    Not even with the rules now

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Gary Lineker but fair play to him the other night. The pundits were reviewing the Germany v Hungary game and the the first thing Rio F said was something along the lines of, "I wasn't impressed with the Germans, England have nothing to fear, I thing we will beat them" Lineker had to remind him that they were there to discuss Germany not England. Good on him.

When you consider France, Belgium, Italy, Portugal and Spain are in the other half of the draw, England will never have a better chance of reaching the final. Just got everything crossed that it doesn't happen !
    Didn't Rio say the same about Iceland in the last one.
    Someone should ask him how did that go for England?

Last time around we were apparently on the weaker side of the draw yet Portugal won it.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Didn't Rio say the same about Iceland in the last one.
    Someone should ask him how did that go for England?
    You would think that they would learn by now it always ends in tears. As a standard bearer for wiping the smugness off their chops, you would be hard pressed to top the Iceland game.