+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seems Mainly UK Sides Taking The Knee

Seems Mainly UK Sides Taking The Knee

Which Euro 2020 teams are taking the knee at this summer's tournament? https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15221...-knee-england/

Saw this article not sure on its accuracy as I miss the starts of most games find it hard work with national anthems and other fuss .

Re: Seems Mainly UK Sides Taking The Knee

We're on our own then .

OK. Own up. Who told LoM there was a prize for the first one to start 5 or more new posts about "Taking the Knee""?

First Team

I think it's honourable, brave and respectful to take the knee. Well done all those who do it.

Surprised as Germany , France, Switzerland, Spain and Scandinavian countries that have a inclusive approach to a lot of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Surprised as Germany , France, Switzerland, Spain and Scandinavian countries that have a inclusive approach to a lot of issues.
    Just for clarity. Which countries most agitate you? The UK ones, the ones that have "a inclusive approach to a lot of issues" or the ones that don't have "a inclusive approach to a lot of issues"?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I think it's honourable, brave and respectful to take the knee. Well done all those who do it.
    Agreed

Which Euro 2020 teams are taking the knee at this summer's tournament? https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15221...-knee-england/

Saw this article not sure on its accuracy as I miss the starts of most games find it hard work with national anthems and other fuss .
    What's the point you're making? Do you not approve of it? If so, then give the reasons why, then we can have a decent debate about it. I'm guessing that you don't like it, that's fine in my opinion, but stop trying to be cute about it and say why.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Agreed
    And it really pisses off the racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What's the point you're making? Do you not approve of it? If so, then give the reasons why, then we can have a decent debate about it. I'm guessing that you don't like it, that's fine in my opinion, but stop trying to be cute about it and say why.
    I'm just surprised that so many nations have not joined in taking the knee , thought there would be more.

I'm just surprised that so many nations have not joined in taking the knee , thought there would be more.
    Disingenuous bollocks.

Do you want your "taking the knee" back catalogue played to you to show how cowardly that response is?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Disingenuous bollocks.
    I'm reminded of that phrase, "Why use twenty words when two will do" when we both responded to his bigoted shit!

And it really pisses off the racists.

The ‘Now, I’m not a racist by any means, but’ brigade. It’s worrying that more and more are using their opposition to things like taking the knee as a phoney innocent way of showing their true colours.

I think it’s a ‘we are closer to USA’ thing. Things that happen over there are far more likely to catch on in UK than Europe. I totally support it by the way.

He's a Tory, what do you expect? All those "Now, I'm not a racist, but...." are Daily Mail readers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    He's a Tory, what do you expect? All those "Now, I'm not a racist, but...." are Daily Mail readers!
    I know what he is, but if he thinks that taking the knee is futile, pointless, or he's just plain old racist, then why doesn't he just say so, instead of taking the weasel way out all of the time. I'd rather people be honest about their prejudices.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The ‘Now, I’m not a racist by any means, but’ brigade. It’s worrying that more and more are using their opposition to things like taking the knee as a phoney innocent way of showing their true colours.
    ain't that the truth

All lives matter !

Yeah OK, you are a daft racist 🙄

I know what he is, but if he thinks that taking the knee is futile, pointless, or he's just plain old racist, then why doesn't he just say so, instead of taking the weasel way out all of the time. I'd rather people be honest about their prejudices.
    'cos that's exactly what Tories are....weasels! I should have expanded upon my definition earlier by the way to include Telegraph, Express and Sun readers. I think it great sport to see all these Gammons getting hot under the collar about a simple gesture. It must tear their heart out lol.

'cos that's exactly what Tories are....weasels! I should have expanded upon my definition earlier by the way to include Telegraph, Express and Sun readers. I think it great sport to see all these Gammons getting hot under the collar about a simple gesture. It must tear their heart out lol.
    I think generalising is letting LoM off the hook. He started the thread and should have the opportunity of moving beyond his craven reasoning to articulate why he feels so driven to start so many ambiguous threads about the specific subject of "taking the knee".

It was noticeable that, as black lives matters and taking the knee became more popular, so the political far right saw an opportunity to make it something from the political left.

I can see why people who put forward a reasoned argument think its time to move on , my view is if the players want to do it , let them

But there is a huge chunk of people who are very much racist and hide it very badly over this BLM protest

Still think more sides would adopt the position of taking the knee , shocked to read today it was just a few sides still adopting it mainly the UK sides, pointing out that doesn't make anyone a racist or right winger.

Neither does it make anyone a racist who they vote for albeit racism exists both the left and right side of politics and its voters .

If some feel taking the knee is now slowly losing its impact , it doesn't make them racists.

It's reported decent genuine and even black players and sides think the action has perhaps had its day, and perhaps should now end ,still doesn't make them racists .

It looks as if the Wales team either encouraged or shamed the Turkey team and half the Italy team into taking the knee too.

Good on them!