+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lawrenson…….

Lawrenson…….

Just put the mockers on Wales! Tipped a 1-0 win. We’re on our way home.

Re: Lawrenson…….

The barstteward!
    He never backs us.

I think everything is in Denmark’s favour. Momentum, Ericksen, fans inside the stadium. Realistically, I would have said 2-0 Denmark. It’s just that I think they could go a long way in this competition,

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    I think everything is in Denmark’s favour. Momentum, Ericksen, fans inside the stadium. Realistically, I would have said 2-0 Denmark. It’s just that I think they could go a long way in this competition,
    They lost 2 and won 1
    Hardly call that momentum
    Russia were well in the game for a long time
    They are not in Copenhagen this time
    Wales had longer to recharge the batteries
    How much did the last game take out of the Danes emotionally and physically?
    Plenty of positives for us

We have to be positive - but we have been dealt the most unfair group venue stages ever and now no fans - shocking really

3 - 1 to us dont understand the negativity. Its Denmark ffs minus their best player. Theyve already lost 2.

Bale and Ramsey are the key. I reckon they will turn it on and we get the win.

During 13/14 he predicted us to have 1 premier league win all season

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    3 - 1 to us dont understand the negativity. Its Denmark ffs minus their best player. Theyve already lost 2.

I’m with you Hilts. People are talking like Denmark are one of the favourites. We could have had a much harder game than this.
    Not saying it’s not gonna be a bit hairy, but if all our players keep fit and don’t get too many cautions, i fancy us to win and then give either the Dutch or the Czech Rep a decent game.

The Danes are 4/6 with the bookies. Wales are the rank outsiders (with the possible exception of Austria) for the tournament, which shows the enormity of the task we face. We will need lady luck on our side…again.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    The Danes are 4/6 with the bookies. Wales are the rank outsiders (with the possible exception of Austria) for the tournament, which shows the enormity of the task we face. We will need lady luck on our side…again.
    I wouldn’t touch 4/6 with your money.
    The smart dough will go on Wales win or draw.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Hope you’re right!

We haven't been favourites for any of our games so far................
    Yet qualified without playing at home

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    We haven't been favourites for any of our games so far................
    Yet qualified without playing at home
    True…what do those bookies know!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

You are right that there is no need for negativity. If our big players turn up we have every chance.

But at the same time there is no reason to talk down the Danes, even without Eriksen. They lost to Finland but absolutely battered them in every way apart from the final score (70% possession, 22 shots to 1, 6 on target to 1, 9 corners to none). They ran Belgium very close (and dominated chances) before just losing out to the super subs. They destroyed Russia. They are 10th in the FIFA rankings. we are 17th. They do have momentum (even with only one win from three) and are rightly regarded as favourites.

But Amsterdam will be different from Copenhagen. They could well come down from their Eriksen-inspired high. Wales have dealt with the travel, the temperatures and the obstacles to fans brilliantly, and have their own 'us against the world' vibe, and it is time for Bale to really turn up and produce his A game. The pressure's on Denmark!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Bookies were correct GB. I was way off mark.
    I was banking on our front 4 being on song, and the Danes not being so good. The opposite happened, and i will eat my humble pie.