+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 0 - 4 DENMARK.

FT: WALES 0 - 4 DENMARK.

Match facts

• Denmark have won six of the previous 10 meetings, with Wales winning four.
    • The Danes defeated Wales twice in the 2018 Nations League, with Christian Eriksen scoring both goals in a 2-0 win in Aarhus.
    • Wales could lose back-to-back competitive games for the first time since June 2019.
    • Denmark were winners at Euro 92, finished fourth in 1964 and reached the semi-finals in 1984 but this is their first appearance in the Euros knockout stages since 2004. They lost 3-0 to the Czech Republic in the quarter-final.
    • Mikkel Damsgaard (20 years 353 days) became Denmark's youngest goalscorer at a major tournament in the win versus Russia. He has three goals and three assists in his past five caps.
    • Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg has three assists in three games at Euro 2020. One more would set a new national record for assists in a single major tournament.

Re: WALES v DENMARK. ko 5pm

Team news

Wales have no new injury concerns for Saturday's encounter, with Page expected to revert to his strongest line-up.

Only Ethan Ampadu is unavailable because he is suspended after getting sent off as Wales were beaten 1-0 by Italy in their final group game.

Page benched striker Kieffer Moore and defenders Ben Davies and Chris Mepham for that match because all three were one yellow card away from a one-match suspension.

Although Moore and Davies appeared as substitutes in Rome, they avoided another caution and are set to join Mepham in being recalled.

That should also mean that Wales revert to the 4-2-3-1 formation they used in their opening 1-1 draw with Switzerland and 2-0 win over Turkey, as opposed to the 3-4-3 system Page opted for against Italy.

Denmark have no new fitness issues and look likely to stick with the back-three system which proved effective against Russia.

Bale and Ramsey to turn it on. 3-1 Wales.

2-1 Wales

Wish I shared your confidence, 3-1 Denmark

We could win, lose or draw, I haven't a clue what will happen to be honest.

The injury to Eriksson must have disrupted the side and I doubt they are as strong without him.

I'm going for an optimistic 2-1 Wales

2-0 Denmark. A very under-rated side. Desperately hope I’m wrong and we win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    2-0 Denmark. A very under-rated side. Desperately hope I’m wrong and we win.
    Seems about right to me too. Like yourself, I hope I'm proved wrong.

if our players don't show up we will get beaten easily

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    if our players don't show up we will get beaten easily
    If we don't show up, Denmark will shirley get a bye to the next round

I permanently write us off without any foundation, well just past experience. We seem different now, I’m still not optimistic though. I’m prepared to be delighted again.

Predictable starting 11. Not really much other choice other than dropping Ramsey deep for Morrell and bringing in Brooks/Wilson

I don’t get why Colwill has not been on the bench for Wales in any of their matches - I was wondering whether it was because you could only have twenty five players in your match day squad, but that would mean he’d be in for Ampadu today, maybe he’s injured?

Poulsen missing from the Danish team....

Wass also not in the side that started v Russia

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t get why Colwill has not been on the bench for Wales in any of their matches - I was wondering whether it was because you could only have twenty five players in your match day squad, but that would mean he’d be in for Ampadu today, maybe he’s injured?
    Only 23 allowed in the matchday squad.

15/4 Wales fecking piss take ..............
    Lump on some of your hard earned money 💰

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Only 23 allowed in the matchday squad.
    So Norrington-Davies is the other outfield player to miss out then - don't get why we need two substitute goalkeepers.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So Norrington-Davies is the other outfield player to miss out then - don't get why we need two substitute goalkeepers.
    That's also the rules.

Been coming.

BALLS

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Been coming.
    Really?

We haven't defended corners very well. But they haven't had many chances.

fantastic goal.

we'll be under the hammer now.